Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #4

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full list below. Criteria, broadly, is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)

Added: Andrew Peeke (D)

Select your add from the list:

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Ben Boyd (LW)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Corson Ceulemans (D)
Josh Dunne (C)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Samuel Johannesson (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Samuel Knazko (D)
Nikolai Makarov (D)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
Guillaume Richard (D)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Stanislav Svozil (D)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Add (as of Heavy Metal Jackets):
Ceulemans - 8
Knazko - 4
Svozil - 3
Angle - 1

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Voronkov add Knazko

When you are at rbar with CBJP and he says a kid is top 10 for us, I listen

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Chinakov definitely suffering from a lack of tape and exposure, in these polls.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Chinakov is the last of my top tier - I’ll admit V, Foudy and Peeke are close in the next grouping.

I think the three blue liners are close here for adds too but I’m going with Knazko.

Reactions: Fro

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So who is Voronkov's NHL comparable? Is he a Hanzal like player with less nasty and hopefully not as greasy?

I see the size which is an obvious comparisn, the net front skills and not being a liability when the puck is on his stick or not on his stick for that matter

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I actually am just now thinking about bumping up Knazko and adding him here. He's less than half a year older than Svozil and I like the upside. It's a really tough comparison to make. We haven't seen Knazko at the pro level yet, whereas Svozil has been playing in the top Czech league since he was 16. Next year when Knazko moves up will be revealing. For now I'm sticking with my preference for Svozil, he's more polished than Knazko and has some pretty good upside too.

Ceulemans is just a bit lower in my opinion, by the way. He is the strongest on his feet of the three and has a real weapon of a shot. But the puck decisions are a bit lacking and that might foretell some lower upside.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
[QUOTE="Double-Shift Lasse, post: 179789544, member: 23178"

I think the three blue liners are close here for adds too but I’m going with Knazko.

Peeke is in the next 5 grouping so you are thinkin Knazko, Cueleman, Svozil should be in this next tier?[/QUOTE]

Those are the three I was looking at/deciding among for adds this poll, yeah.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chinakov definitely suffering from a lack of tape and exposure, in these polls.

Massive boom, massive bust potential. He was undrafted one time through for a reason, and I know there’s plenty of players who want undrafted once and ended up pretty good, but I do have it knocking him down a peg.

I still don’t have my own personal official top 20 but I can tell you he’s on the lower end of the “top” prospects.

Reactions: tunnelvision

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I actually am just now thinking about bumping up Knazko and adding him here. He's less than half a year older than Svozil and I like the upside. It's a really tough comparison to make. We haven't seen Knazko at the pro level yet, whereas Svozil has been playing in the top Czech league since he was 16. Next year when Knazko moves up will be revealing. For now I'm sticking with my preference for Svozil, he's more polished than Knazko and has some pretty good upside too.

Ceulemans is just a bit lower in my opinion, by the way. He is the strongest on his feet of the three and has a real weapon of a shot. But the puck decisions are a bit lacking and that might foretell some lower upside.

Did I also read Knazko was C for his Slovakia 2021 World Jr team? I like what that says about Samuel

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So who is Voronkov's NHL comparable? Is he a Hanzal like player with less nasty and hopefully not as greasy?

I see the size which is an obvious comparisn, the net front skills and not being a liability when the puck is on his stick or not on his stick for that matter

In terms of role and projected NHL scoring, that's what I'm imagining, yes.

I'm wondering how heavy Voronkov is going to end up. He's currently listed at 190 lbs which seems surprisingly low, we've seen him ragdoll bigger men than that. Hanzal by comparison played at 230 lbs so Voronkov won't be quite that powerful.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
In terms of role and projected NHL scoring, that's what I'm imagining, yes.

I'm wondering how heavy Voronkov is going to end up. He's currently listed at 190 lbs which seems surprisingly low, we've seen him ragdoll bigger men than that. Hanzal by comparison played at 230 lbs so Voronkov won't be quite that powerful.
I see everywhere lists him as his drafted weight. I seem to recall finding him on a KHL site and listing him at something like 213 lbs. I could be wrong but I remember seeing him listed as much more than the 183-190 he normally is

Edit: The KHL site now is pretty goofy. I cant find size listings on their anymore and its pretty frustrating how they set it up

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad