Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #3

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with voronkov at #4. Center with size, skill, grit and a 200ft game. Chinakhov has that scoring ability but doesn’t check all the boxes at a high level. Don’t get me wrong, love him for CBJ but watching both I see more impact from Voronkov

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I suggest checking out Svozil first. Not exactly shift-by-shift, but the "5 games" format here will give you a quick sense. It includes some bad plays, it's not just a highlights video.

I kind of see Murray in a lot of these clips. Smart and reads plays well, skates well enough and makes decent breakout passes. Crazy to think how young he was when starting in the Czech league

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
He's more akin to Josh Anderson in terms of size and strength, and he can impose himself as a strong two-way center.

So what makes big forwards like Josh Anderson and Voronkov fall to the 4th round where the Jackets can grab them? I could understand it if they were 5’9” guys. Is it because they didn’t dominate like someone their size should have at lower levels?

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I love Voronkov. He reminds me of Antoine Vermette in a number of ways. I think he's one of those guys whose game is universal because he plays with such physical maturity and positioning.

So I went Voronkov/Add Coolymans.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So what makes big forwards like Josh Anderson and Voronkov fall to the 4th round where the Jackets can grab them? I could understand it if they were 5’9” guys. Is it because they didn’t dominate like someone their size should have at lower levels?

Those two are late bloomers.

At 17 or 18 years old you're looking at a gawky lanky kid who isn't as good as many of the smaller skilled guys around them. You have to project that they will fill out and project that their skill will catch up and show better against men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad