Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #20

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll. No adds anymore. Criteria, broadly, is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. It all ends in 24 hours.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
4. Yegor Chinakov (RW)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
6. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
7. Daniil Tarasov (G)
8. Andrew Peeke (D)
9. Corson Ceulemans (D)
10. Stanislav Svozil (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Tyler Angle (C)
13. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
14. Josh Dunne (C)
15. Ole-Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (D)
16. Tim Berni (D)
17. Nikolai Makarov (D)
18. James Malatesta (C)
19. Jacob Christiansen (D)

Added: Samuel Johannesson (D)

There are no more adds. This is the last poll. The remaining players who ran out of runway are:
Ben Boyd (LW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Voting Meyer. Johanesson and Richard are both in my Honorable Mentions; Pyythia and Rysavy aren't. I just don't see those guys making an NHL impact myself, so... :dunno:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Meyer is 24, the same age as Werenski and Roslovic. I don't think of him as a prospect. He might make a journeyman's appearance later on but very unlikely to become a regular for the Jackets.

Pyyhtia and Johannesson are coming off disappointing D+1s. Not that they don't have a chance to turn it around, but I'd prefer Richard and Boyd just because they've got the most runway left and no trajectory concerns yet. Richard especially is a solid prospect.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Voting Meyer. Johanesson and Richard are both in my Honorable Mentions; Pyythia and Rysavy aren't. I just don't see those guys making an NHL impact myself, so... :dunno:

But Meyer will? I know he had a pretty good stint in Cleveland but it’s hard to put a ton of stock in AHL production last year. If he replicates it or comes close, I will be on board. But idk. Meyer has almost no NHL qualities to me.

Heavy Metal Jackets

Jan 9, 2021
Land of Cheese
Voted Rysavy, seems like he has a lot going for him already. Size(6'3, 200+lbs), two-way ability, decent skater, skill upside. I believe he is playing for Moose Jaw Warriors(WHL) this season.

As for the other four, I think the two defenders have the best chance of ever making it to the NHL. Meyer has been progressing but is there NHL impact to be had? Pyyhtia I'd say is a longshot, though still young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad