Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #16

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full list below. Criteria, broadly, is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. This world ends in 24 hours.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
4. Yegor Chinakov (RW)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
6. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
7. Daniil Tarasov (G)
8. Andrew Peeke (D)
9. Corson Ceulemans (D)
10. Stanislav Svozil (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Tyler Angle (C)
13. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
14. Josh Dunne (C)
15. Ole-Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (D)

Added: Guillaume Richard (D)

Select your add from the list:

Ben Boyd (LW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Samuel Johannesson (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Add (as of Cslebn)
Malatesta - 7
Johanneson - 2
Rysavy - 3
Meyer - 1
Hjorth - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Could Makarov-boosters make a case for him? To me he's just another 5th round longshot, a tall kid in the MHL. I'd like to see what I'm missing.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I've heard that part. But I want some details. What are you seeing?

Big, awkward as hell skater. But a willingness to jump into the play. Good stick and positioning. Not as good of a shot blocker or as good at positioning as Gavrikov but I see that upside potential. We’ll see how he develops and he won’t be here for a while. But he’s smooth and solid.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Big, awkward as hell skater. But a willingness to jump into the play. Good stick and positioning. Not as good of a shot blocker or as good at positioning as Gavrikov but I see that upside potential. We’ll see how he develops and he won’t be here for a while. But he’s smooth and solid.

I can sort of see that.

I wonder how big he is really. A 234 lb kid at the MHL level should be more noticeable than this, but he looks more like a Gabe Carlsson out there. Maybe he just didn't have an opportunity to show strength in this particular game, or maybe he has too much fat.

My darkhorse to be "the next Gavrikov" would probably be Holm, just because he's drawn praise for his defensive game, and done it a higher level. I don't have any more intel than that. It's all low information guessing with prospects this far down.

Reactions: Viqsi

Heavy Metal Jackets

Jan 9, 2021
Land of Cheese
Add Rysavy

Curious as how people have Makarov, Berni, Johanesson, Bjorgvik-Holm ahead of Christiansen...I really like Johanesson and Bjorgvik-Holm but don't think any of them are further in development than Jake. Any takes?

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Could Makarov-boosters make a case for him? To me he's just another 5th round longshot, a tall kid in the MHL. I'd like to see what I'm missing.

First, the smarts - Russian Ds at that age are frequently not too good and reliable on their own end, but Makarov is a rare exception. Then obviously the very solid size/skating combo. Finally, while he isn't an offensive-minded guy, I also don't see any major obstacle that could prevent him from developing some of it at a later stage.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad