Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #15

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full list below. Criteria, broadly, is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. This poll will self-destruct in 24 hours.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
4. Yegor Chinakov (RW)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
6. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
7. Daniil Tarasov (G)
8. Andrew Peeke (D)
9. Corson Ceulemans (D)
10. Stanislav Svozil (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Tyler Angle (C)
13. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
14. Josh Dunne (C)

Added: Mikael Pyyhtia (C)

Select your add from the list:

Ben Boyd (LW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Samuel Johannesson (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Guillaume Richard (D)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Add: (As of PanarinDangles9)
Richard - 7
Malatesta - 3
Johannesson - 2
Rysavy - 2
Karlberg - 1
Hjorth - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know we were still doing adds for the Honorable Mentions, so I think this is still set up correctly. If not, please feel free to edit/close/delete this if necessary (to my other HFCBJ mods) :P

Add Johannesson.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Relatively small, agile, LH forward from the Q, #11 on his back. I'm getting bit of Abramov vibes.

Add Malatesta

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I didn't vote because I don't know sh*t about either of the top vote getters but if I did I'd have voted for --

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I have not been voting because I have never seen most of these kids play. My question is...

Anyone concerned that the highest ranked d-man on this list is #8? I know we have drafted heavy on the forward position lately and the team has a nice looking young d-corp in the NHL. But right now there seems to be no balance in the pipeline and we are going to have to hope one of those d-men surprises.

Is it just a case where everyone is so high on all the young forwards that they have bumped soe very nice looking d-men down the list or is there an offensive bias in the voting? What's the projection on these four d-men ranked 8-11?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I have not been voting because I have never seen most of these kids play. My question is...

Anyone concerned that the highest ranked d-man on this list is #8? I know we have drafted heavy on the forward position lately and the team has a nice looking young d-corp in the NHL. But right now there seems to be no balance in the pipeline and we are going to have to hope one of those d-men surprises.

Is it just a case where everyone is so high on all the young forwards that they have bumped soe very nice looking d-men down the list or is there an offensive bias in the voting? What's the projection on these four d-men ranked 8-11?

I've been telling myself that D take longer to develop than Fs so it's fine, and I was in particular comforted when looking at our previous years' rankings. There have consistently been impact players that were not ranked highly.

Reactions: LJ7201 and EspenK

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I wouldn't say I'm concerned about it, no.

D are harder to project and take a long time to break through. They are often more like bird-shot than rifle-fire, if that makes sense. Take a bunch of them in the 2nd round and hope that one or two hit.

And I like our odds with that group of D.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad