Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #13

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full list below. Criteria, broadly, is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. This poll will self-destruct in 24 hours.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
4. Yegor Chinakov (RW)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
6. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
7. Daniil Tarasov (G)
8. Andrew Peeke (D)
9. Corson Ceulemans (D)
10. Stanislav Svozil (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Tyler Angle (C)

Added: Tim Berni (D)

Select your add from the list:

Ben Boyd (LW)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Samuel Johannesson (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
Guillaume Richard (D)
Martin Rysavy (LW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Add (as of Wannabefinn):
Christiansen - 7
Pyyhtia - 5
Richard - 4
Johannesson - 3
Malatesta - 2
Hjorth - 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, I'm inclined to keep doing adds after #15 (when we'd ordinarily stop), for a couple reasons:
1) I have this thing about having four "Honorable Mentions" based off of the four last guys added but not voted from years back when we did keep doing adds,
2) I think there's enough interesting prospects and suggestions being made that adds would still be interesting, and
3) I think more people pay attention to and participate in the poll than the adds, so we get better "data" (such as it is).

Any objections?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, I'm not seeing what other people are still seeing in Pyyhtia. Sure, he was interesting when he was drafted, but in every higher-level competition he's been in since his offensive production has vanished. I'm not even sure if he's an NHLer.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Also, I'm inclined to keep doing adds after #15 (when we'd ordinarily stop), for a couple reasons:
1) I have this thing about having four "Honorable Mentions" based off of the four last guys added but not voted from years back when we did keep doing adds,
2) I think there's enough interesting prospects and suggestions being made that adds would still be interesting, and
3) I think more people pay attention to and participate in the poll than the adds, so we get better "data" (such as it is).

Any objections?

No objections from me.

It will allow us to discuss the players ranked around 20th, which would be nice.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Also, I'm not seeing what other people are still seeing in Pyyhtia. Sure, he was interesting when he was drafted, but in every higher-level competition he's been in since his offensive production has vanished. I'm not even sure if he's an NHLer.
For me, he's got the ability to play multiple positions, he's got good speed and skates well and appears to have a solid hockey IQ. Admittedly he hasn't been able to put it all together yet but the thought that he has some of these traits makes me think he's a good dart to throw in top 20. I weigh potential fairly high after my top 10. I think a top 10 prospect to me is one that not only has higher potential but also higher chance to teach in the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dunne add Guillaume Richard.

Dunne just looked good to me in those six games. We got absolutely smoked in those games and if there was ever a time for a rookie to look bad it would be then. But none of our troubles came with Dunne on the ice. His positioning was exemplary and he's very strong. My hope is that he'll score some goals from the slot, like he has shown the ability to do at lower levels. I'm excited for TFW but I have no idea how his skill would translate, he's about nine inches shorter and we haven't seen him yet. He's also been injured for roughly half of his AHL tenure to date.

Why add Guillaume Richard? He's got a ways to go but I liked the way he looked in this video more than I liked Makarov in his shift-by-shift. That and Jarmo/Ville made it a higher priority to take him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I haven't seen Pyyhtia since the WJC, but he was useless in that tournament and that will be what I think of him until I see him next. He is too physically weak to compete against the best teenagers, so imagining him getting strong enough to play in the NHL feels far fetched right now.

For me, he's got the ability to play multiple positions, he's got good speed and skates well and appears to have a solid hockey IQ. Admittedly he hasn't been able to put it all together yet but the thought that he has some of these traits makes me think he's a good dart to throw in top 20. I weigh potential fairly high after my top 10. I think a top 10 prospect to me is one that not only has higher potential but also higher chance to teach in the NHL.

His skating is beautiful, I'll give him that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Any objections?

Yes and nice end-around.

There will be four add voting opportunities that will include a handful of players voted but not added. Sounds like honorable mention to me.

Then everyone is going to post their own lists - unless they have already. That’s fine and all but not really the purpose of the polls.

Last edited:
Reactions: EspenK

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Production vanishes for most players when they jump from Finnish u20 league to Liiga at 18 y/o. The gap between a weakish junior league and pro men's league is pretty big one to jump. He most likely isn't a NHLer but it's the same for every single one of these guys at this point.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Any objections?

I am most interested in seeing the in depth analysis of #25.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The next poll is likely the one where I, courteously, abstain. But I have actually watched TFW play hockey, so him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad