Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #10

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Svozil could surprise

For some, but not everyone. Since 2019, Svozil has been projected to be top 15 in the first round. Some of the followers of Czech hockey say Svozil is on par with the two 2022 & 2023 prospects that are projected to go in the top 10. I have read quite a few translated articles that projected Svozil as a top 4 NHL defenseman from about age 15 on.

Clearly having the OHL shut down for Covid has significantly effected projections of Canadian Jr., players. Hockey is a precision sport. The only way to get better is to actually play the game vs good competition. Some players have been openly criticized for not moving to more competitive leagues. Scott Morrow for example, I think he went 40th, so it didn't necessarily hurt his draft stock.

Reactions: Goodman68

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

Looks like you had most of the prospects covered. I really hope even 5 years from now we look back and say some of the dmen were under projected. I know we passed on Edvidsson, Clarke and the goalies, but I do think we really nailed this draft and Ceulemans, Svozil, Makarov, Richards all have a chance to contribute to the big club. Love James Malatesta.. I hope he carries a giant chip on his shoulders- guys like him that make it to the NHL can do Cam Atkinson like things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad