Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
HFCBJ's annual prospect polls continue. A quick reminder as to how this goes:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

1) Adam Fantilli (C)
2) David Jiricek (RD)
3) Denton Mateychuk (LD)
4) Dmitri Voronkov (C)
5) Stanislav Svozil (LD)
6) Gavin Brindley (C)
7) Jordan Dumais (RW)

Added: Hunter McKown (C)

Select your add from the list below:

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Jacob Christiansen (LD/RD)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Nikolai Makarov (LD)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW/C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (RW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)
Robbie Stucker (RD)
William Whitelaw (RW)

Add votes as of Byrral:
Whitelaw - 10
Makarov - 5
Ivanov - 3
Dolzhenkov - 3
Pyhhtia - 2
Fisher - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Malatesta, add Dunne.

EDIT: After some consideration, I'm changing my add vote to Dolzhenkov.

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
McKown because I think he's most likely to actually be a career NHLer of the skaters in the poll. Add Whitelaw.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
McKown because I think he's most likely to actually be a career NHLer of the skaters in the poll. Add Whitelaw.
I can see that. From the list above I think he has the highest upside. I just think Malatesta will definitely be a 3rd liner in the mold of Matt Calvert which I really miss on this team.

Reactions: NotWendell

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm simply stunned by how many people have written off Tarasov. I get the concern that he could be the next Pascal "groins of glass" Leclaire. But I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Does Tim Berni count as a prospect? If so, add him. If not, add Ivanov.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm simply stunned by how many people have written off Tarasov. I get the concern that he could be the next Pascal "groins of glass" Leclaire. But I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.
His numbers since he’s come over from Russia have been putrid at both the nhl and AHL level. I see the upside, but the floor is rock bottom. That’s not even including the injuries

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Tarasov has had 28 AHL starts where he's posted an .890 save %. He has a .900 save % in 21 NHL appearances. No shutouts at either level.

He can't stay healthy and hasn't been good since coming to NA over two years ago. He hasn't played more than 40 games over the course of a season since before covid.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

I just simply think goalies are hard to rate and with the league going more the route of tandems their value wont be sky high. Then factor in injuries and lack of time actually playing and it gets real tough. Talent is there but that means nothing if you are in the pressbox watching

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Ivanov will be in net again for Russia's U23 team in this year's Sochi Hockey Open (Aug 3-8). Maybe his performance in those games will make more people realize we've been sleeping on him.

Add Ivanov

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Ceulemans by a decent amount for me. Add Whitelaw
This

Ivanov will be in net again for Russia's U23 team in this year's Sochi Hockey Open (Aug 3-8). Maybe his performance in those games will make more people realize we've been sleeping on him.

Add Ivanov
I want to be excited about Ivanov, but do want to ask- how many NHL goalies are under 6 foot?

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese