Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2023 Summer Prospect Rankings: #3

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So I have to ask, what makes people so high on Ceulemans? Are we really going to bank/blame everything on his team being bad? He’s got good tools, sure, but has he really progressed enough to be picked in this poll above some other guys?

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
So I have to ask, what makes people so high on Ceulemans? Are we really going to bank/blame everything on his team being bad? He’s got good tools, sure, but has he really progressed enough to be picked in this poll above some other guys?
This is why Malatesta is the pick. He is developing at a much higher pace, especially given their relative draft positions.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Voronkov add CC

For the record, I think there was a clear 1-2 but I think it will be splitting hairs between 3-10 which is great for the argument our prospect pool is deep.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For me these polls are top end potential vs likely hood of hitting. I think he tops out as a bottom 4 guy who's probably best at a 4/5/6. I think he's gonna take your prototypical path that's going to take him until he's 25ish before he starts seeing regular time. But I think he's more likely to hit his top end potential compared to the others on the list. Progression isn't linear so if he's put into the proper system for a few years I could see him making some decent gains.

This is why Malatesta is the pick. He is developing at a much higher pace, especially given their relative draft positions.
Just remember progression isn't linear, he could just as easily hit a wall once he starts playing in the pros.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Is Robbie Stucker still CBJ property? I hardly think of him as a prospect. Out of 37 prospects he's gotta be #38.

Reactions: Xoggz22

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Voronkov, add Tarasov.

Kinda surprised myself with Tarasov add but goalies are weird and he's on the cusp of playing regularly. Maybe a bit of hopium... But also I'm not super high on any of the remaining skaters, or I'm trying to reign in some of the hype. Gonna get interesting for the next picks.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Some people rank and vote based on when they think they will arrive in the NHL. I do think after Adam and David he is the next one to make it to the NHL.
While that may be true, Most people believe he has 3rd line upside at best. So I agree with cow, a bit interesting.

But the people will speak in a minute. Poll 4 coming soon

Reactions: Cowumbus

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
While that may be true, Most people believe he has 3rd line upside at best. So I agree with cow, a bit interesting.

But the people will speak in a minute. Poll 4 coming soon

I mean if you think there's a 98% chance Voronkov plays in the NHL (next year even!) and say a 20% chance Dumais ever does, it makes sense.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don’t mind picking Voronkov over dumais. Hell I did it on my own list. But Voronkov over brindley and Svozil is a bit…questionable. To me
I do think there's a chance he's more than a 3rd line grinder, if he gets some chemistry with a guy like Gaudreau or KJ it wouldn't be surprising if he puts up some numbers attached to one of them. It wouldn't be the first time a 3rd line grinder type has found themselves attached to a top line star and put up some numbers.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad