Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2023 Summer Prospect Rankings: #11

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're now halfway through HFCBJ's annual prospect polls. A quick reminder as to how this goes:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

1) Adam Fantilli (C)
2) David Jiricek (RD)
3) Denton Mateychuk (LD)
4) Dmitri Voronkov (C)
5) Stanislav Svozil (LD)
6) Gavin Brindley (C)
7) Jordan Dumais (RW)
8) Corson Ceulemans (D)
9) Daniil Tarasov (G)
10) Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)

Added: Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)

Select your add from the list below:

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Jacob Christiansen (LD/RD)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW/C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (RW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)
Robbie Stucker (RD)

Add votes as of majormajor:
Ivanov - 8
Pyythia - 6
Stucker - 1
Richard - 1
Fisher - 1
Fix-Wolansky - 1

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Ivanov was your next guy since #5?
Svozil was the last player I voted, Ivanov's 6th on my list.

Seems like he's representing SKA in KHL pre-tournament games and not Russia U23 team as reported earlier. Didn't dress for their first game, hopefully he gets a chance to play at some point.

August 5

Russia - Admiral, 12:00
SKA - Avangard, 16:30

August 6

Sochi - SKA, 16:00

August 7

Avangard - Russia, 14:30
Sochi - Admiral, 19:30

August 8

Avangard - Admiral, 15:00
Russia - SKA, 19:30

*All times in accordance with Moscow time

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Have you shared your list? Dont remember seeing it
1 - Fantilli
2 - Jiricek
3 - Svozil
4 - Voronkov
5 - Mateychuk
6 - Ivanov
7 - Brindley
8 - Ceulemans
9 - Dolzhenkov
10 - DBB

I haven't decided in which order to put Makarov, Malatesta, Dumais, McKown and Richard for positions 11-15. Last 5 spots will probably contain Tarasov, Strathmann, Peddle, Pyyhtia and Butler, but Christiansen, TFW and Whitelaw may still sneak in.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
1 - Fantilli
2 - Jiricek
3 - Svozil
4 - Voronkov
5 - Mateychuk
6 - Ivanov
7 - Brindley
8 - Ceulemans
9 - Dolzhenkov
10 - DBB

I haven't decided in which order to put Makarov, Malatesta, Dumais, McKown and Richard for positions 11-15. Last 5 spots will probably contain Tarasov, Strathmann, Peddle, Pyyhtia and Butler, but Christiansen, TFW and Whitelaw may still sneak in.
Really like Peddle. I thought he looked pretty interesting in rookie camp and he has the background if he can pull it together. May take time but I think he's the next diamond for CBJ... coal at the moment...maybe ;)

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Really like Peddle. I thought he looked pretty interesting in rookie camp and he has the background if he can pull it together. May take time but I think he's the next diamond for CBJ... coal at the moment...maybe ;)
Considering how he ended up getting drafted, CBJ's regional scout must have been pounding the table for him. He could be special. I don't know much aside from this highlight reel. That combination of athleticism/physicality and some goal scoring gifts (2nd best goal scorer on his team) definitely make his toolset look translatable. Also seems to be moving pretty well for a guy with so unstable looking skating posture. If he manages to refine that, there could be a path to the NHL? I wonder how good his hockey sense is, I can't really tell by watching this one montage.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Considering how he ended up getting drafted, CBJ's regional scout must have been pounding the table for him. He could be special. I don't know much aside from this highlight reel. That combination of athleticism/physicality and some goal scoring gifts (2nd best goal scorer on his team) definitely make his toolset look translatable. Also seems to be moving pretty well for a guy with so unstable looking skating posture. If he manages to refine that, there could be a path to the NHL? I wonder how good his hockey sense is, I can't really tell by watching this one montage.

Yeah he seems like a toolsy guy that is either gonna be like Joshua Roy and explode after being drafted or just keep doing what hes doing and quickly lose whatever small chance he has at being a legit NHL prospect. So far he hasnt lived up to being drafted 2nd overall in the Q but some seem to think hes better than the stats suggest. Good gamble for a 7th round pick, a year ago he was projected to go mich higher so maybe that lights a fire.

Edit: A lot of that video doesnt make me too high on his IQ but maybe thats not trusting his skills. He does look like a good puck hound though. All the early highlights in that video are either hits to players he lost the puck to or just trying to go through guys instead of around which obviously wont work for long as he moves up. If he does improve his skating he could maybe carve out a path as a grinder but he almost looks like a worse Kole Sherwood there

Last edited:
Reactions: tunnelvision

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I noticed that about his skating too. He's got the natural gift for speed but the form isn't good. That might be why it seemed hard for him to stop on pucks. I like late picks like this where you take a flyer on a kid with natural athleticism, provided you have an idea in mind of how you'll upgrade his skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad