Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2023 Summer Prospect Rankings: #11

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're now halfway through HFCBJ's annual prospect polls. A quick reminder as to how this goes:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

1) Adam Fantilli (C)
2) David Jiricek (RD)
3) Denton Mateychuk (LD)
4) Dmitri Voronkov (C)
5) Stanislav Svozil (LD)
6) Gavin Brindley (C)
7) Jordan Dumais (RW)
8) Corson Ceulemans (D)
9) Daniil Tarasov (G)
10) Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)

Added: Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)

Select your add from the list below:

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Jacob Christiansen (LD/RD)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Sergei Ivanov (G)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Samuel Knazko (LD)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Mikael Pyyhtia (LW/C)
Luca Pinelli (C)
Guillaume Richard (LD)
Martin Rysavy (RW)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Andrew Strathmann (LD)
Robbie Stucker (RD)

Add votes as of majormajor:
Ivanov - 8
Pyythia - 6
Stucker - 1
Richard - 1
Fisher - 1
Fix-Wolansky - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Malatesta, add... well, per my list it would be Ivanov, but I'm putting in an add vote for Pyyhtia because he's right after Ivanov on my list and I can empathize with the whole "I can't vote for my best prospect because he hasn't been added yet" thing after y'all kept failing to add TJ Tynan years ago. :P :D

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I am voting for Robbie Stucker because I am not entirely sure that he is not a free agent now. Also, he is an ECHL player this year (at least to start the season), and I am not entirely sure what the Jackets are doing with ECHL players (or what the Monsters are doing) since we don’t have an ECHL affiliate. Anyway, if anyone knows what the deal is with 2017 draft pick Robbie Stucker or how we are handling ECHL level players in our system, please feel free to comment here. Neither issue deserves its own thread.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I am voting for Robbie Stucker because I am not entirely sure that he is not a free agent now. Also, he is an ECHL player this year (at least to start the season), and I am not entirely sure what the Jackets are doing with ECHL players (or what the Monsters are doing) since we don’t have an ECHL affiliate. Anyway, if anyone knows what the deal is with 2017 draft pick Robbie Stucker or how we are handling ECHL level players in our system, please feel free to comment here. Neither issue deserves its own thread.

Stucker becomes a UFA on August 15th if we do not sign him, which seems highly unlikely at this point. He could go the Carson Meyer route and sign an AHL-only contract to start and then earn an NHL deal.

If I'm not mistaken, he's the last draftee from before 2021 whose status is still up in the air (for another 11 days), not counting Thurkauf. Everyone else has either signed or rights have been lost.

As far as I'm aware, no ECHL announcement has been made. The contract with Kalamazoo ended at the of last season.

Reactions: koteka

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Add Ivanov

I have chosen to not vote since poll #5 because my next guy haven't been added yet, and I had no intention to vote this time around either but then I suddenly figured maybe one of the available 5 deserves my vote.... and the winner is... McKown. Btw I picked him totally randomly without feeling any bias or resentment towards anybody, I mean there was absolutely no need to vote him so that the other player, who might be some moderator's favorite at this stage, couldn't win. ;)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Power, determination, skating, mitts... I'm really starting like like this Fisher kid. Let's add him.
In all seriousness... I thought he was terrible and not worth being in our top 30 let alone top 20, however, I warmed up to him after rookie camp this year. I think he has a long way to go with his skating (good top speed but nothing more in my opinion) but he has other tools that I feel give him a chance down the road. He's on my radar - not sure he'll be in my top 20 but he's definitely opened my eyes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
McKown add Pyyhtia.

Add Ivanov

I have chosen to not vote since poll #5 because my next guy haven't been added yet, and I had no intention to vote this time around either but then I suddenly figured maybe one of the available 5 deserves my vote.... and the winner is... McKown. Btw I picked him totally randomly without feeling any bias or resentment towards anybody, I mean there was absolutely no need to vote him so that the other player, who might be some moderator's favorite at this stage, couldn't win. ;)

Ivanov was your next guy since #5?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad