Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2022 Summer Prospect Rankings: #8

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think folks are sleeping on Guillaume Richard a bit. Like Svozil he was at one point a presumptive first rounder and slipped. But his game finally took a big step and he was named Hockey East defenseman of the month as a freshman. By all accounts he's a very poised defender and he's playing at a higher level than most of our remaining prospects. I like his chances of becoming a second pair shutdown type.

I vote to ADD DOLZHENKOV because he has the hands and power to play in the NHL, it really is just skating that he needs to work on and I think this is a valuable player type if he hits his upside.

Pyyhtia isn't a bad vote here but I'm not super impressed by the scoring, as good as it is. I see a one dimensional volume shooter that is the exact type of guy to thrive in Europe and not be able to do anything in North America. I'd compare him to Bemstrom but Bemmer actually has some better attributes for NHL play - stronger, nastier, better play driver.

Reactions: Viqsi and Xoggz22

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Voted for Foudy. I reealuated my position on him and think he has shown he can play in the NHL albeit with little. success. His injury history has hurt his development. He was a 1st rd pick. He has great speed. Can play defense.

Add Fisher.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Add Hreschuk

Read a review of his season / scouting report and really liked what I saw for a two way D man. He starts fitting the blend of how I score prospects, mixing floor, ceiling, probability etc

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
add James Fisher

I've said a couple times why I'm voting to add Fisher

I'm voting Foudy (again) here. His availability concerns some folks, and his ceiling others. If he ever learns to play with his head up or learns the habits of a particular set of linemates, I think he could be dangerous. I'm hoping he gets another chance (I'm counting his playoff appearance as a chance) here before he/the club runs out of options.

Would love to have discussion on your vote and add.

Foudy. I have him #5. I am still high on him. If people are knocking him because of his health, why are they so high on Blankenburg who was injured with the Jackets and then again at the World Championships?

Add Fisher. Partially because I want to be part of DSL’s fun, and partially because I drafted him in the draft simulator because he was listed as a big center.

1659479452409.png

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
DBB

Add Dumais. His skillset and physical attributes are lacking, but the elite production suggests such a high ceiling that I'll vote for him over the more 'safe' prospects

Last edited:

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
While not by any means a expert on prospects I do feel like i have a better feel then a proximity 90% of “normal” people And have maintained an account on a website called “hockeys future” For about 20 years. I’ll vote on prospects no problem

having said that. Voted Luca del bel belluz because everything I read about him excites me. I’d like to add Aidan Hreschuk (D) because of something I read about him today

Aidan Hreschuk, LHD, Columbus: Hreschuk scored twice in Sunday’s mixed scrimmage, making it past the Sunday cuts. We’ll see whether he makes the final roster for next week, but his smooth skating and defending should put him in a good position for a spot on the 2023 team regardless.

Projected 2023 Team USA lineup

Gauthier — Logan CooleyJimmy Snuggerud

Nazar — Stramel — Sasha Pastujov

Rutger McGroarty — Chaz Lucius — Boucher

Sam Lipkin — Red Savage — Justin Janicke

Owen McLaughlin (13th) — Ryan Leonard

Luke Hughes — Hreschuk

Jack Peart — Shai Buium

Sean Behrens — Ryan Chesley

Hutson (7th D) — Ty Gallagher

Andrew Oke

Kaidan Mbereko

Tyler Muszelik

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm on the Luca DBB bandwagon & I'm voting to add Pyythia only slightly over Dumais & Rybacky. Easily could have been Richard, Svozil, or Foudy. Really impressed with what Jarmo and the scouts have done. We have some really good assets coming up.

Reactions: Cowumbus and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad