Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2022 Summer Prospect Rankings: #8

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

1. Kent Johnson (LW/C)
2. David Jiricek (D)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW)
4. Denton Mateychuk (D)
5. Corson Ceulemans (D)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Nick Blankenburg (D)

Select your add from the list:

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Marcus Bjork (D)
Ben Boyd (LW)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
Jordan Dumais (RW)
Josh Dunne (C)
James Fisher (C/RW)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Graves (G)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)
Aidan Hreschuk (D)
Sergei Ibvanov (G)
Samuel Knazko (D)
Joona Luoto (LW)
Nikolai Makarov (D)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
Martin Rysavy (LW)

Added: Guillame Richard (D)

Adds (as of LetsGOJackets!!):
Pyyhtia - 9
Dumais - 7
Fisher - 3
Dolzhenkov - 2
Hreschuk - 2
Ivanov - 1
Christiansen - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
add James Fisher

I've said a couple times why I'm voting to add Fisher

I'm voting Foudy (again) here. His availability concerns some folks, and his ceiling others. If he ever learns to play with his head up or learns the habits of a particular set of linemates, I think he could be dangerous. I'm hoping he gets another chance (I'm counting his playoff appearance as a chance) here before he/the club runs out of options.

Would love to have discussion on your vote and add.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
LDBB, add Dolzhenkov. I honestly think Dolzhenkov's skating concerns can be addressed; it seems to be the one thing keeping him from being amazing. As for LDBB, I snuck him ahead of the defensemen probably mostly because of Shiny New Toy syndrome. I don't see Foudy's ceiling as high enough anymore to justify a higher ranking.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Voted Del Bel Belluz. Was close between him and Richard for me.

Add Dumais. I like Dimitri Buchelnikov for example but I have no idea how Buchelnikov the MHL overager went so much higher than Dumais. Seems like we got a real gift when he fell to us. I'm starting to think Dumais perhaps should be on the ballot and getting a few votes by this point already. I know it's the QMJHL but his production was so insanely good last season.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Voted DBB, Add Pyyhtia.

Pyyhtia was probably the 2nd U21 best forward prospect in Liiga last year (a pretty good league) behind only Aatu Raty. 2nd-most points of any U21 player and most goals for that age group. Led his team in goals in the regular season and had the 2nd-most points. 13 points in 18 playoff games as well.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Your votes need no defense but I'd love to hear why your voting and adding the guys you are.
So for me there's walking a fine line between potential vs likelihood of reaching said potential.

So for DBB and Dumais, I think their potentials are higher than most others, but their likelihood of reaching said potential holds them back from being higher. I'm also just not that high/knowledgeable on some of our other prospects

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Tough to choose between Voronkov and Svozil... went with Svozil.

Add Ivanov. I want to add him because he and I share more same letters in our names than me and James Fisher. :sarcasm:

• Haha

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tough to choose between Voronkov and Svozil... went with Svozil.

Add Ivanov. I want to add him because he and I share more same letters in our names than me and James Fisher. :sarcasm:
If I was going by that basis I'd have to push for adding OJBH or Fix, mostly 'cause us hyphenated last name folks need to stick together.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Voted DBB, Add Pyyhtia.

Pyyhtia was probably the 2nd best forward prospect in Liiga last year (a pretty good league) behind only Aatu Raty. 2nd-most points of any U21 player and most goals for that age group. Led his team in goals in the regular season and had the 2nd-most points. 13 points in 18 playoff games as well.
Sold. Add Pyyhtiä.

13 points, 8 goals in 18 playoff games is no joke in Finnish Liiga.

Btw. The 1st OA Juraj Slafkovsky was his team mate in TPS, and scored "only" 7 points, 5 goals in 18 playoff games. Now Pyyhtiä is 2 years older etc., but he is a good kid nevertheless.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Voted Foudy, Add Christiansen.

Voted Foudy because I still see him as a potential 3rd line winger. Decent size, great speed. Not afraid to go into the corners. Plays a good 2 way game.

Add Christiansen. Not the most defensively sound defenseman ever, but does decent enough. Great puck moving skills and has a nice shot, I could see him being a trade piece in a year or 2

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Voted DBB, Add Pyyhtia.

Pyyhtia was probably the 2nd best forward prospect in Liiga last year (a pretty good league) behind only Aatu Raty. 2nd-most points of any U21 player and most goals for that age group. Led his team in goals in the regular season and had the 2nd-most points. 13 points in 18 playoff games as well.
Voted Foudy but adding pyyhtia for these reasons

Reactions: Cowumbus

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Voted Svozil. This kid was considered a 1st round talent and slid in his draft year. He showed that he can play in all situations, good size, good skater, no elite skills but has the makeup of a top 4 guy. Looks like a high floor guy based on his progression in Jr. this year.

Add Pyyhtia. He's shown growth each year. The concern for me is that he is a high volume shooter and does not appear to show much creativity. Shoot now, ask questions later. Good skater but I would consider him frail. Has traits that could be successful in the NHL and probably a very variable outcome. Certainly fits a mid-range prospect that could bust through. I wanted to vote for Knazko but think Pyyhtia has higher end potential. Bigger risk too but Add Pyyhtia.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Your votes need no defense but I'd love to hear why you’re voting and adding the guys you are.
Voted DBB, Add Pyyhtia.

Pyyhtia was probably the 2nd U21 best forward prospect in Liiga last year (a pretty good league) behind only Aatu Raty. 2nd-most points of any U21 player and most goals for that age group. Led his team in goals in the regular season and had the 2nd-most points. 13 points in 18 playoff games as well.
DarkandStormy nailed my reasoning. Pyyhtia broke out in a big way this past season. 19/20 year olds very rarely score over 20 goals in a season in Liiga. Only 6 or 7 total guys since 2012-2013. Half have been very successful NHLers, half have not. So that being said, we’ll have to see if he can repeat that level of production this year and translate his game to NA.

Is there a plan for where he’s playing this year?

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Add Dumais. Voted LDBB.

I don't have an issue with Foudy here. Limited viewing of LDBB in the Team Canada camp has me excited about his potential. I'm kind of settling on Foudy being a Chimera-type player - lots of speed but maybe better-suited for the bottom 6, which is not bad on its own but I had hoped for more a couple of years ago. At the end of the day, it's probably more shiny new toy syndrome that has me putting LDBB over Foudy.

Dumais is one of those classic risk-reward type picks. He's probably either going to become a consistent productive NHL goal scorer (like Atkinson) or he's not going to sniff the big leagues. I like the CBJ taking a chance on him when he was picked and I also like taking a chance on him in this spot in the poll.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
DBB and Pyythia are pretty interesting. DBB went from a nothing prospect to one many thought could be a 1st rounder, will be interssting to see how his development continues.
As for Pyythia his 19 year old season was eerily similar to Bemstrom's 19 year old season in the SHL statistically. Let's hope the offense transitions a little better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad