Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2022 Summer Prospect Rankings: #19

Which prospect is best of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

THIS IS THE FINAL ADD VOTE.

1. Kent Johnson (LW/C)
2. David Jiricek (D)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW)
4. Denton Mateychuk (D)
5. Corson Ceulemans (D)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Nick Blankenburg (D)
8. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
9. Stanislav Svozil (D)
10. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
11. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
12. Guillaume Richard (D)
13. Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
14. Jordan Dumais (RW)
15. Samuel Knazko (D)
16. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
17. Aidan Hreschuk (D)
18. Jacob Christiansen (D)

Select your add from the list:

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Marcus Bjork (D)
Ben Boyd (LW)
Josh Dunne (C)
James Fisher (C/RW)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Joona Luoto (LW)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)

Added:
1660324418770.png

Jet Greaves (G)

Adds (as of DSL):
Rysavy - 4
Fisher - 3
Fix-Wolansky - 1
Meyer - 1
Angle - 1
Dunne - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There wll be a slight controversy, as I briefly accidentally put in Trey Fix-Wolansky in the randomizer instead of Greaves, and he'd won - but he didn't have enough votes to be in there, so I was obliged to discard those results. Then again, if you swap out the impermissible name with the permissible one, we ultimately got the same result. So, yay?

Anyways, Ivanov, add Rysavy.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Add Connor Bedard...strictly based on the potential we could possibly win the lottery next year and draft him. I like those odds better than anyone else on the list making it to the NHL.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Add Connor Bedard...strictly based on the potential we could possibly win the lottery next year and draft him. I like those odds better than anyone else on the list making it to the NHL.
This is an especially unfortunate hot take, considering that at least two of them (Carson Meyer and Josh Dunne) already have.

EDIT: Three. I forgot Fix-Wolansky got a few games as well.

Reactions: LJ7

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
This is an especially unfortunate hot take, considering that at least two of them (Carson Meyer and Josh Dunne) already have.

EDIT: Three. I forgot Fix-Wolansky got a few games as well.
Nothing against any of them but I would bet all three are "dime a dozen" AHL+ players. I suspect all will either have nice long AHL careers or perhaps play some years in Europe.

Edit: when I say "making it to the NHL" I mean sticking in the NHL. Discounting copious amounts of injuries, all of these guys are headed to Cleveland (no shame in that) and quite possibly wouldn't even be 'next man up' when injuries beset the CBJ.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Nothing against any of them but I would bet all three are "dime a dozen" AHL+ players. I suspect all will either have nice long AHL careers or perhaps play some years in Europe.

Edit: when I say "making it to the NHL" I mean sticking in the NHL. Discounting copious amounts of injuries, all of these guys are headed to Cleveland (no shame in that) and quite possibly wouldn't even be 'next man up' when injuries beset the CBJ.
Understood but your earlier post said “making it TO the NHL” so that’s where the trouble starts.

Anyway, as thi is the last add vote, let’s add the last guy the team drafted.

Reactions: Viqsi

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Understood but your earlier post said “making it TO the NHL” so that’s where the trouble starts.

Anyway, as thi is the last add vote, let’s add the last guy the team drafted.
Can I change my add to Pavel Cajan then? I doubt Monsters sign him without the green light from Jarmo.

Yes I’m getting punchy. Picking prospects at 20 is tedious.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can I change my add to Pavel Cajan then? I doubt Monsters sign him without the green light from Jarmo.

Yes I’m getting punchy. Picking prospects at 20 is tedious.

Cajan isn't a Jackets prospect, no? I think he's free to sign with any NHL team.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Which one of these guys is more likely to make it to the NHL for more than a cup of coffee or a seat in the press box? I'm going with the goalies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Cajan isn't a Jackets prospect, no? I think he's free to sign with any NHL team.
That’s correct, the same way Jet Greaves originally signed with the Monsters before getting an ELC with the CBJ. I would assume having the Monsters sign him saved the CBJ the contract spot while still being able to keep a close eye on him.

I do wonder what it means for the goalie situation in general. I know having three goalies in Cleveland is going to be needed because someone is going to get hurt at some point. But does this mean the CBJ are also not confident Dani or Korpi won’t be ready when camp starts?

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That’s correct, the same way Jet Greaves originally signed with the Monsters before getting an ELC with the CBJ. I would assume having the Monsters sign him saved the CBJ the contract spot while still being able to keep a close eye on him.

I do wonder what it means for the goalie situation in general. I know having three goalies in Cleveland is going to be needed because someone is going to get hurt at some point. But does this mean the CBJ are also not confident Dani or Korpi won’t be ready when camp starts?
I think of it as "Kalamazoo needs goalies too."

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad