Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2022 Summer Prospect Rankings: #17

Which prospect is best of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

1. Kent Johnson (LW/C)
2. David Jiricek (D)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW)
4. Denton Mateychuk (D)
5. Corson Ceulemans (D)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Nick Blankenburg (D)
8. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
9. Stanislav Svozil (D)
10. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
11. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
12. Guillaume Richard (D)
13. Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
14. Jordan Dumais (RW)
15. Samuel Knazko (D)
16. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)

Select your add from the list:

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Marcus Bjork (D)
Ben Boyd (LW)
Josh Dunne (C)
James Fisher (C/RW)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Joona Luoto (LW)
James Malatesta (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Martin Rysavy (LW)

Added: Ole-Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (D)

Adds (as of cslebn):
Malatesta - 3
Rysavy - 2
Angle - 2
Fix-Wolansky - 1
Greaves - 2
Boyd - 1
Dunne - 1
Fisher - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hreschuk add Dunne.

Most of the adds folks are talking about are potential 4th liners, Josh Dunne is that but further along. If not for injury and the Kuraly signing he might have been our 4C last year.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I have not paid much attention to Hreschuk. Why the love? Is it based on one WJC camp invite (a team he eventually did not make)?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have not paid much attention to Hreschuk. Why the love? Is it based on one WJC camp invite (a team he eventually did not make)?

He was ranked decently high last year and taken in the third round. He didn't get to shine much at BC from the third pair, but that could change this coming season. I don't think getting picked this late constitutes "love", it would just mean liking his all-around ability more than Christiansen and Holm, which I think is fair.

That and being the final cut from the USA WJC team and not even in his last year of eligibility is actually impressive. Would Svozil or Knazko make that team? I doubt it. They're loaded and it is a very encouraging sign that Hreschuk is already close to making it.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

I think he was highly thought of as a 17 year old, but he fell off some the year before the draft. Carolina has a knack for finding good defensemen, but Carolina was willing to move on from him. Defensemen don’t alway progress linearly, so he could become something.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
He was ranked decently high last year and taken in the third round. He didn't get to shine much at BC from the third pair, but that could change this coming season. I don't think getting picked this late constitutes "love", it would just mean liking his all-around ability more than Christiansen and Holm, which I think is fair.

That and being the final cut from the USA WJC team and not even in his last year of eligibility is actually impressive. Would Svozil or Knazko make that team? I doubt it. They're loaded and it is a very encouraging sign that Hreschuk is already close to making it.

I think he was highly thought of as a 17 year old, but he fell off some the year before the draft. Carolina has a knack for finding good defensemen, but Carolina was willing to move on from him. Defensemen don’t alway progress linearly, so he could become something.

Thank you both.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

My expectations are low but will certainly be rooting for him at BC and hopeful he develops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad