HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #57 (closed)

• K.Miller, D - NYR

• H.Lapierre, C- WSH

• J.Pelletier, LW - CGY

• C.Foote, D - TBL

• C.Zary, C - CGY

• I.Mitchell, D - CHI

• M.Bourque, C - DAL

• R.Merkley, D - SJS

• J.Veleno, C - DET

• T.Bjornfot, D - LAK

• S.Pinto, C - OTT

• B.Schneider, D - NYR

• N.Hoglander, LW - VAN

• L.Foudy, C - CLB

• J.Jenik, C - ARI

• K.Guhle, D - MTL

• S.Perunovich, D - STL

• Y.Chinakhov, RW - CLB

• L.Brown, C - OTT

• C.Timmins, D - COL

• J.Studnicka, C - BOS

• N.Foote, LW - NJD

• L.Reichel, LW - CHI

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Criteria is 22 and under, 41 NHL GP or less, no goalies

2019 list: HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects

1-51

1. Alexis Lafrenière - LW:rangers18. Noah Dobson - D:isles35. Seth Jarvis - RW:canes
2. Quinton Byfield - C:kings19. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils36. Josh Norris - C:sens
3. Tim Stützle - C/W:sens20. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton37. Erik Brännström - D:sens
4. Bowen Byram - D:avs21. Cole Caufield - RW:habs38. Victor Söderström - D:coyotes2
5. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks22. Nils Lundkvist - D:rangers39. Peyton Krebs - C:vegas
6. Moritz Seider - D:wings23. Cody Glass - C:vegas40. Timothy Liljegren - D:leafs
7. Dylan Cozens - C:sabres24. Barrett Hayton - C:coyotes241. Owen Tippett - RW:panthers
8. Lucas Raymond - LW:wings25. Ty Smith - D:devils42. Grigori Denisenko - RW:panthers
9. Marco Rossi - C:wild26. Juuso Välimäki - D:flames43. Jonatan Berggren - C/W:wings
10. Alex Newhook - C:avs27. Vitali Kravtsov - RW:rangers44. Rodion Amirov - W:leafs
11. Filip Zadina - LW:wings28. Rasmus Sandin - D:leafs45. Ville Heinola - D:jets
12. Jamie Drysdale - D:ducks29. Alexander Romanov - D:habs46. Dylan Holloway - C:edmonton
13. Alex Turcotte - C:kings30. Nick Robertson - LW:leafs47. Philip Tomasino - C/W:nashville
14. Cole Perfetti - C/W:jets31. Jack Quinn - RW:sabres48. Arthur Kaliyev - W:kings
15. Jake Sanderson - D:sens32. Connor McMichael - C:caps49. Matthew Boldy - LW:wild
16. Philip Broberg - D:edmonton33. Vasili Podkolzin - RW:nucks50. Cam York - D:flyers
17. Gabriel Vilardi - C:kings34. Anton Lundell - C:panthers51. Alex Formenton - LW:sens
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
52-75

52. Morgan Frost - C:flyers
53. Thomas Harley - D:stars
54. Kirill Marchenko - LW:cbj
55. Dawson Mercer - C:devils
56. Jake Bean - D:canes
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add (no order):
S.Fagemo, LW - LAK
J.Bernard-Docker, D - OTT
E.Zamula, D - PHI
D.Farrance, D - NSH
R.Kupari, C - LAK
J.Rees, C - CAR
E.Tolvanen, W - NSH
D.Samorukov D - EDM
S.Poulin, LW - PIT
A.Beckman, LW - MIN
C.Addison, D - MIN
T.Dellandrea, C - DAL
A.Heponiemi, C - FLA
L.Elvenes, C - VGK
D.Samberg - D, WPG
O.Wahlstrom - RW - NYI

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Schneider. Still lots of good choices remaining.

Add: Justin Barron.

Barron entered last season as the 2nd best DMan and top 15 draft eligible prospect. Blood clot hurt his development tumbling his ranking. Healthy, he reached Team Canada WJC and projected as 2nd defensive pairing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Foudy
Pinto
Reichel
Samberg
Peeke

Samberg and Peeke are relatively safe bets for second pair D, and could be there as soon as next year. They have similar upside to Guhle but are much closer to the NHL.

Foudy, Pinto, and Reichel also strike me as very safe middle-six types.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Höglander, Reichel, Studnicka, Veleno, Pelletier, Merkley, Björnfot and Guhle are some of my favorite prospects at this point.

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
I like Reichel as much as the next guy, and as my countryman, I especially want him to do well, but the fact is that he hasn't played since last spring. That puts him at a disadvantage compared to players who have already shown something this fall, like Höglander.

Reactions: majormajor

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
How has Guhle not been voted for yet? If not for the plethora of 1st line forwards, he likely goes top-10 in the draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How has Guhle not been voted for yet? If not for the plethora of 1st line forwards, he likely goes top-10 in the draft

I think he'll be a good middle pair shutdown D. The problem here is that there are many other unheralded D that are closer to that level already, that are going a bit ignored in this poll. I mentioned Samberg and Peeke. They'll be middle pair guys sooner and safer. Why would I take Guhle over them?

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Meant to vote Zary. Voted Mitchell by accident.

Add Samorukov.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
I think he'll be a good middle pair shutdown D. The problem here is that there are many other unheralded D that are closer to that level already, that are going a bit ignored in this poll. I mentioned Samberg and Peeke. They'll be middle pair guys sooner and safer. Why would I take Guhle over them?
But thats just your opinion vs the opinions of hundreds of scouts who had Guhle as the clear-cut 3rd best dman in this draft

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But thats just your opinion vs the opinions of hundreds of scouts who had Guhle as the clear-cut 3rd best dman in this draft

No, even the scouts that had Guhle ranked as their 3rd D (a reasonable ranking IMO) also tended to view him as a second-pair type, few give him much chance of becoming a top pair caliber D. He's fantastic without the puck, but unless his brain with the puck develops in unexpected ways, he'll always need to be paired with a strong PMD that can do the puck work for him, a la Krug-Carlo. There are other D of that caliber we aren't talking about, some likely in the NHL next year. They'd be worth a bit more.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
No, even the scouts that had Guhle ranked as their 3rd D (a reasonable ranking IMO) also tended to view him as a second-pair type, few give him much chance of becoming a top pair caliber D. He's fantastic without the puck, but unless his brain with the puck develops in unexpected ways, he'll always need to be paired with a strong PMD that can do the puck work for him, a la Krug-Carlo. There are other D of that caliber we aren't talking about, some likely in the NHL next year. They'd be worth a bit more.
The defenseman next year arent in this conversation though, I thought

For example, theres no way Cam York is considered a much greater prospect than Guhle. Yet he went 41st and Guhle has yet to go in the top-60

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad