HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 (closed)

• William Dufour - RW

• Marat Khusnutdinov - C

• Stanislav Svozil - D

• Zachary Bolduc - C

• Rutger McGroarty - RW

• Eduard Sale - LW

• Colby Barlow - LW

• Scott Morrow - D

• Jakob Pelletier - LW

• Fabian Lysell - RW

• Arseni Gritsyuk - LW

• Lukas Cormier - D

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Connor Zary - C

• Danila Yurov - RW

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Joshua Roy - RW

• Seamus Casey - D

• Tyson Foerster - RW

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Shakir Mukhamadullin - D

• Sam Honzek - C

• Aatu Raty - C

• William Wallinder - D

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - LW

• Noah Ostlund - C

• Brad Lambert - C

• Jagger Firkus - RW

• Bobby Brink - RW

• Sean Farrell - LW

• Jordan Dumais - RW

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Connor Bedard - C:hawks18. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks235. Tom Willander - D:nucks
2. Adam Fantilli - C:cbj19. Zach Benson - LW:sabres36. Nate Danielson- C:wings
3. Matvei Michkov - RW:flyers20. Ryan Leonard - RW:caps37. Tristan Luneau - D:ducks2
4. Leo Carlsson - C:ducks221. Jiri Kulich - C:sabres38. Marco Rossi - C:wild
5. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes22. William Eklund - LW:sharks39. Frank Nazar - C:hawks
6. Luke Hughes - D:devils23. Matthew Knies - LW:leafs40. Matt Coronato - RW:flames
7. David Jiricek - D:cbj24. Lane Hutson - D:habs41. Brock Faber - D:wild
8. Simon Nemec - D:devils25. Dalibor Dvorsky - C:blues42. Oliver Moore - C:hawks
9. Will Smith - C:sharks26. Kevin Korchinski - D:hawks43. Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D:wings
10. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings27. Marco Kasper - C:wings44. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils
11. Alexander Nikishin - D:canes28. Jimmy Snuggerud - RW:blues45. Ridly Greig- C:sens
12. Brandt Clarke - D:kings29. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres46. Ryker Evans - D:seattle
13. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks230. Luke Evangelista - LW:nashville47. Mavrik Bourque- C:stars
14. Shane Wright - C:seattle31. Denton Mateychuk - D:cbj48. Gabe Perreault - RW:rangers
15. Cutter Gauthier - LW:flyers32. Matthew Wood - RW:nashville49. Brayden Yager - C:pens
16. Logan Stankoven - C:stars33. Dmitri Simashev - D:coyotes50. William Wallinder - D:wings
17. David Reinbacher - D:habs34. Joakim Kemell - RW:nashville

Past lists:
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2022)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My final vote goes to Lian Bichsel whom you rigged the polls against the last three times. :nod:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why post a GIF of you? The guy who is so concerned over links on team forums for integrity of the vote, intentionally leaves out player voted #3 (10 votes) the next 3 polls to spite Dallas fans.
You should start your own poll, with only Dallas prospects! That way you dont feel sad that you only have one top prospect according to HF despite Dallas being a legitimate stanley cup contender.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sad Calum Ritchie isn't gonna make it on the list. :(

Screenshot-2023-09-13-214733.png

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
FWIW, freshly drafted prospects taken after about pick 20 don't make these lists. Maybe if he has a strong D+1 he'll be on next year. If he's healthy he has a good shot at it.

These lists are always a funny mix of boom/bust projections and relatively "safe" or "high floor" sort of guys progressed further in their development (often to the point of playing NHL games) rounding it out. But yeah...wasn't actually expecting him to make it. He barely went Top-30 in his own draft and hasn't had a chance to do anything on the ice since. :laugh: That draft order (or Bob's rankings) obviously tend to be what these lists go off of for recent draftees.

I just ranked him a lot higher than he went this year. Not actually expecting a bunch of others to see it the same way. But i feel like he's a guy who has the potential to shoot up the rankings by this time next year. :dunno:

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
By my count, 17 prospects from the most recent draft (in this case, 2023) has been selected so far. Is that more, fewer or about the same as the last couple of years with these polls?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
By my count, 17 prospects from the most recent draft (in this case, 2023) has been selected so far. Is that more, fewer or about the same as the last couple of years with these polls?

Without manually checking, I think a 1/3 proportion is similar to what we normally have here. So yes 17 I think would be about the same.

I'm not a Dallas fan and I also think it's kind of cringe to remove Bichsel from the poll because Dallas fans were voting for him.

The issue is that they came here via a link on the Dallas board, which is against the rules (same rules we've had every year). I actually like Bichsel as a top 50 guy but there's no way he makes the top 50 in the poll if the Stars fans don't break the rules, so to preserve whatever semblance of respect he's got to be excluded.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Without manually checking, I think a 1/3 proportion is similar to what we normally have here. So yes 17 I think would be about the same.

The issue is that they came here via a link on the Dallas board, which is against the rules (same rules we've had every year). I actually like Bichsel as a top 50 guy but there's no way he makes the top 50 in the poll if the Stars fans don't break the rules, so to preserve whatever semblance of respect he's got to be excluded.

Yeah. Without actually checking, it seems pretty in line with the typical breakdown. Usually seem to get the ~Top-10/15 picks from the most recent draft dominating the top, along with whichever of the Top-10 from last year haven't made the show yet. Then sort of filled out with a lot of prospects who are a maybe a bit older, progressing along and closest to making the jump.

Wouldn't be surprising if there were a few more than some years, just based on the strength/depth at the top of this most recent draft. Wouldn't even be unreasonable to suggest a slightly higher than typical contingent from the 2023 draft at all. Especially with last year's draft being a bit weaker, proportionally. ie. I think most were in agreement that something like the 15th pick from this draft was probably equivalent to a solid Top-10 pick last year, in terms of talent available. At least...in terms of skilled forwards.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Yet the guy ranked 9th by sportsnet pre draft and taken 16th didn't make it.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

I think you need to analyze the votes because Stars posters were voting Bourque. Last I checked of those 10 for Bichsel, 2 or 3 were Stars fans.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I'm not a Dallas fan and I also think it's kind of cringe to remove Bichsel from the poll because Dallas fans were voting for him.
It’s fine when it’s a few homer votes, but when they purposely post a link in their forum and get 10+ votes from homers who wouldn’t even vote here the first place… that’s where I draw the line.

People can just vote “other” for Bischel anyway

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Voted Dufour. I don't actually think it's him over many of the remaining choices, but he's definitely one of my favourites and I think he has a high ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad