HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #41 (closed)

• K.Miller, D - NYR

• H.Lapierre, C- WSH

• E.Tolvanen, RW - NSH

• I.Mitchell, D - CHI

• C.Zary, C - CGY

• A.Kaliyev, RW - LAK

• D.Mercer, C - NJD

• R.Merkley, D - SJS

• R.Amirov, LW - TOR

• J.Berggren, C - DET

• P.Tomasino, C - NSH

• C.York, D - PHI

• O.Tippett, RW - FLA

• V.Heinola, D - WPG

• A.Formenton, LW - OTT

• K.Guhle, D - MTL

• A.Beckman, LW - MIN

• J.Jenik, C - ARI

• M.Frost, C - PHI

• D.Holloway, C - EDM

• M.Boldy, LW - MIN

• J.Veleno, C - DET

• J.Studnicka, C - BOS

• J.Bean, D - CAR

• T.Harley, D - DAL

• L.Foudy, C - CLB

• other

• G.Denisenko, RW - FLA

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Criteria is 22 and under, 41 NHL GP or less, no goalies

2019 list: HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects

1. Alexis Lafrenière - LW:rangers18. Noah Dobson - D:isles35. Seth Jarvis - RW:canes
2. Quinton Byfield - C:kings19. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils36. Josh Norris - C:sens
3. Tim Stützle - C/W:sens20. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton37. Erik Brännström - D:sens
4. Bowen Byram - D:avs21. Cole Caufield - RW:habs38. Victor Söderström - D:coyotes2
5. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks22. Nils Lundkvist - D:rangers39. Peyton Krebs - C:vegas
6. Moritz Seider - D:wings23. Cody Glass - C:vegas40. Timothy Liljegren - D:leafs
7. Dylan Cozens - C:sabres24. Barrett Hayton - C:coyotes241.
8. Lucas Raymond - LW:wings25. Ty Smith - D:devils42.
9. Marco Rossi - C:wild26. Juuso Välimäki - D:flames43.
10. Alex Newhook - C:avs27. Vitali Kravtsov - RW:rangers44.
11. Filip Zadina - LW:wings28. Rasmus Sandin - D:leafs45.
12. Jamie Drysdale - D:ducks29. Alexander Romanov - D:habs46.
13. Alex Turcotte - C:kings30. Nick Robertson - LW:leafs47.
14. Cole Perfetti - C/W:jets31. Jack Quinn - RW:sabres48.
15. Jake Sanderson - D:sens32. Connor McMichael - C:caps49.
16. Philip Broberg - D:edmonton33. Vasili Podkolzin - RW:nucks50.
17. Gabriel Vilardi - C:kings34. Anton Lundell - C:panthers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add (no order):
T.Bjornfot, D - LAK
C.Foote, D - TBL
L.Brown, C - OTT
L.Elvenes, C - VGK
S.Fagemo, RW - LA
S.Perunovich, D - STL
E.Zamula, D - PHI
C.Addison, D - MIN
T.Dellandrea, C - DAL
K.Marchenko, LW - CLB
N.Hoglander, LW - VAN
S.Poulin, LW - PIT
C.Timmins, D - COL
O.Wahlstrom, RW - NYI

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tippett then Heinola.

Holloway should rise up some charts if he keeps playing the way he did in last nights game against Notre Dame. Was the best player on the ice for either team.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Tippett then Heinola.

Holloway should rise up some charts if he keeps playing the way he did in last nights game against Notre Dame. Was the best player on the ice for either team.
Exactly my order

Though I may take Heinola over Tippett but either/or next two is right for me

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Exactly my order

Though I may take Heinola over Tippett but either/or next two is right for me

Tippett and Heinola were really close for me, I like that elite shot that Tippett has and think he should be decently close to an NHLer.

Then probably Beggren and maybe Tolvanen as well? Man have perceptions of Tolvanen really fallen off.

After that Holloway, Denisenko, Harley, Veleno are all in some order another decent grouping to round out the list.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Tippett and Heinola were really close for me, I like that elite shot that Tippett has and think he should be decently close to an NHLer.

Then probably Beggren and maybe Tolvanen as well? Man have perceptions of Tolvanen really fallen off.

After that Holloway, Denisenko, Harley, Veleno are all in some order another decent grouping to round out the list.
Lists get pretty scrambled id imagine, this far down. Thats why i was surprised our next two were the same

Not just because Im a Devils fan but Mercer was expected to go higher than 18 and, priot to the draft (about 8-12 months out) he was considered a top-10 talent by some. Think he may work his way up these lists by becoming a Kadri-esque 50pt 3C (not chippy like him but hes the first name that comes to mind when considering 3Cs who can rack up points) behind Hischier and Hughes. Or play wing for one. Kid has the best hands of the list

After Tippett and Heinola id actually go Guhle, I liked him a lot and expect he will be a good dman for Montreal

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lists get pretty scrambled id imagine, this far down. Thats why i was surprised our next two were the same

Not just because Im a Devils fan but Mercer was expected to go higher than 18 and, priot to the draft (about 8-12 months out) he was considered a top-10 talent by some. Think he may work his way up these lists by becoming a Kadri-esque 50pt 3C (not chippy like him but hes the first name that comes to mind when considering 3Cs who can rack up points) behind Hischier and Hughes. Or play wing for one. Kid has the best hands of the list

After Tippett and Heinola id actually go Guhle, I liked him a lot and expect he will be a good dman for Montreal

I live in Western Canada so I’m fairly familiar with Guhle, the WHL has long been one of the best D men factories to the NHL for 50+ years.

He’s a prototypical Western Canadian type defender. Big, physical, strong skater, and excels in front of his own net and shutting down other teams offences. I don’t see elite high end offensive skills but he’s a safe bet to become a top 4 D man who makes life miserable for opposing forwards, can kill penalties, etc.. He’s a guy every team wants on their roster.

You’re right he should be in that scrambled mix of players after Tippett and Heinola.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I live in Western Canada so I’m fairly familiar with Guhle, the WHL has long been one of the best D men factories to the NHL for 50+ years.

He’s a prototypical Western Canadian type defender. Big, physical, strong skater, and excels in front of his own net and shutting down other teams offences. I don’t see elite high end offensive skills but he’s a safe bet to become a top 4 D man who makes life miserable for opposing forwards, can kill penalties, etc.. He’s a guy every team wants on their roster.

You’re right he should be in that scrambled mix of players after Tippett and Heinola.
Sounds like I must be a Western Canadian, cause thats my favorite type of dman! Im of the theory that bigger, defensively gifted dmen can play top pairs with an offensive-minded dman and excel more than they would on a 2nd pair. Take any offensive dman who scores big points in the last decade or so, and name me their best partner. Most will be not so great, but defensively strong bigger dmen

Hoping thats what Kevin Bahl ends up for NJ at a towering 6’7”!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He won't win this poll, but man are people sleeping on Merkley. He's got the potential to become one of the premiere offensive d-men in the league.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad