HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #3 (closed)

• C.Gauthier - C/LW

• Jack Quinn - W

• Kent Johnson - C

• Logan Cooley - C

• Luke Hughes - D

• Wyatt Johnston - C

• William Eklund - LW

• Jake Sanderson - D

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Juraj Slafkovsky - LW

• Dylan Guenther - RW

• David Jiricek - D

• Alexander Holtz - RW

• Shane Wright - C

• Cole Perfetti - C/LW

• Simon Edvinsson - D

• Mason McTavish - C

• Dylan Holloway - C

• other (who?)

• Simon Nemec - D

Results are only viewable after voting.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Slafkovksy is winning? Shane Wright at 15%?!

So long chance of this being a credible ranking.
the 2022 draft class is one of the worst draft classes in ages, when we are talking about acquiring a top 10 draft pick. but 10 minutes after a team got their prospect it becomes the best prospect outside the nhl.

in general voting on hfboard is pointless. if we vote about a montreal player 90+% of the montreal fans will vote for him and 90+% of the toronto fans will vote against him regardless and vice versa. the actual content of the voting doesn't matter at all. even better the results of those votings are than used as 'objective facts' in trade discussions. player xy is a top 10 prospect in the league, while the prospect from the team with the smaller fan base didn't make the top 50. huge value gap.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Brb, just gonna call up the NHL and the Montreal, NJ and Arizona front offices and let them know the draft has to be cancelled and re-done because Xirik from HF disagrees.
i don't think you got it. he doesn't think wright should be ahead of slafkovsky. he thinks both are way too high.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Brb, just gonna call up the NHL and the Montreal, NJ and Arizona front offices and let them know the draft has to be cancelled and re-done because Xirik from HF disagrees.
The problem with this every year is that there are always a ton of homer votes for an inferior prospect.

I’ll put it this way - if this ranking was done pre-draft - Wright would take this hands down - Slaf should come in after 10 or so - but with all the voting power Canadiens fans have - he’ll go earlier.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The problem with this every year is that there are always a ton of homer votes for an inferior prospect.

I’ll put it this way - if this ranking was done pre-draft - Wright would take this hands down - Slaf should come in after 10 or so - but with all the voting power Canadiens fans have - he’ll go earlier.

A lot of Canadiens fans haven't come around yet. They might need another week. It's more like a lot of fans around the league are asking themselves "hmmm, maybe the scouts who actually watched these prospects know them better than I do?"

That kind of thought can lead in both good and bad directions, fwiw.

If this poll is in a month then sure the Habs homers will make their presence felt. Wait for Guhle and Barron to come up.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

The top 3 teams all passed on Wright. Also - a poll from all head scouts had Slaf #1.

Just because to the uninformed random hf'er Wright seemed more hyped early on doesnt make him the better prospect

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I voted Simon Edvinsson. I think he's got the most untapped upside ahead of him.

My list would look like this:

Beniers
Edvinsson
Power
Slafkovsky
Cooley

K Johnson
Hughes
Sanderson
McTavish
Jiricek

Mintyukov
Wright
Quinn
Gauthier
Mateychuk

Yeah I'm low on Wright, this is preserving my 2022 draft order.

I see the support for Sanderson and Hughes. I didn't think I was low on them but i guess I am in relative terms. For me I see Sanderson stepping in and making a big immediate upgrade in the Sens top 4 next year, I just don't imagine him becoming a great player in the long run. Hughes is a wild card, there's some intrigue there but little immediate projectability. Last I checked I didn't like his defensive game.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Sanderson for me

Would be interesting to see how many posters had Slaf > Wright a few days ago. My how times have changed.

Reactions: Xspyrit

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

There's always homer votes from the big fanbases. But no Slaf would not be 10th pre draft. Fact of the matter is Wight and Slaf are/were very close. If Slaf is 1 or 2 spots higher than he would've been, so what.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Jack Quinn - Feels safer to project him than some of the D because he’s a forward and tore up the 2nd best pro league in NA. But not without upside, I like his rapid development curve.

I think Sanderson, Hughes, Wright, McTavish, and Slaf have good cases too though.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Players who have had one extra year of development post draft are getting beaten by people who just got drafted. A more Developed prospect vs a raw prospect.

Wish I could change my vote to Sanderson since choosing him is at least logical.

MBrodeur

Mar 30, 2022
I voted Simon Edvinsson. I think he's got the most untapped upside ahead of him.

My list would look like this:

Beniers
Edvinsson
Power
Slafkovsky
Cooley

K Johnson
Hughes
Sanderson
McTavish
Jiricek

Mintyukov
Wright
Quinn
Gauthier
Mateychuk

Yeah I'm low on Wright, this is preserving my 2022 draft order.

I see the support for Sanderson and Hughes. I didn't think I was low on them but i guess I am in relative terms. For me I see Sanderson stepping in and making a big immediate upgrade in the Sens top 4 next year, I just don't imagine him becoming a great player in the long run. Hughes is a wild card, there's some intrigue there but little immediate projectability. Last I checked I didn't like his defensive game.

I personally think he'll become closer to Hanifin than Hedman (which is still very good), but IMO he has the highest chance of becoming an all-around #1D that can carry a pairing by himself.

I'm not as sold on Sanderson or Hughes potential of becoming #1D's on a cup contender but I wouldn't be too surprised if they prove me wrong either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad