HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #3 (closed)

• C.Gauthier - C/LW

• Jack Quinn - W

• Kent Johnson - C

• Logan Cooley - C

• Luke Hughes - D

• Wyatt Johnston - C

• William Eklund - LW

• Jake Sanderson - D

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Juraj Slafkovsky - LW

• Dylan Guenther - RW

• David Jiricek - D

• Alexander Holtz - RW

• Shane Wright - C

• Cole Perfetti - C/LW

• Simon Edvinsson - D

• Mason McTavish - C

• Dylan Holloway - C

• other (who?)

• Simon Nemec - D

Results are only viewable after voting.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
Slafkovksy is winning? Shane Wright at 15%?!

So long chance of this being a credible ranking.
I mean he did just go 1st overall.

Though I think Hughes could have gone 1st this year, but realistically he wouldnt have and hed still have ended up in NJs lap (he was 5-6 days removed from the cutoff date)

Sanderson should be above him though IMO

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean he did just go 1st overall.

Though I think Hughes could have gone 1st this year, but realistically he wouldnt have and hed still have ended up in NJs lap (he was 5-6 days removed from the cutoff date)

Sanderson should be above him though IMO
You think Hughes is good ? You'll find out Nemecs even better. (Youre not wrong, Hughes is fantastic.)

• Wow
Reactions: Devs3cups

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
You think Hughes is good ? You'll find out Nemecs even better. (Youre not wrong, Hughes is fantastic.)
Im actually afraid of this lol, I was hoping for a future where Luke and Jack were the cream of the crop in NJ for the media noise itd make and the fans itd get for the Devils in young brothers around the country.

Luckily its a great 'problem' for me to have lmfao. I do think Luke will produce more offensively than Nemec, but Nemec eill be the better all-around dman; like a Karlsson vs Hedman (dont rain on my parade Im having fun here lol)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im actually afraid of this lol, I was hoping for a future where Luke and Jack were the cream of the crop in NJ for the media noise itd make and the fans itd get for the Devils in young brothers around the country.

Luckily its a great 'problem' for me to have lmfao. I do think Luke will produce more offensively than Nemec, but Nemec eill be the better all-around dman; like a Karlsson vs Hedman (dont rain on my parade Im having fun here lol)
I compared Nemec to Rafalski a lot, if youre old enough to remember him.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
I compared Nemec to Rafalski a lot, if youre old enough to remember him.
Rafalski was incredible for us, I like the comparison in terms of impact theyll probably have for the team.

I do think Nemec will have a tough fight with Luke for ES production, but Nemec can run a PP better and with Hamilton we can run 2D on the PP1, set Dougie up on the left for his slapshot

I think Lukes skating will take him over the top at ES while Nemec will be the better defender. So in reality, with all the mouths to feed, its possible Nemec produces closer to Rafalski's peak numbers; but I think he has the potential to score more.

Plus Rafalski didnt start for us until he was what, 24? Nemec has three seasons of Liiga play already, he will be a force for us by the time hes turning 21 I think. Its very likely that Luke and Simon both make the team by next season, with Luke coming over this year after NCAA.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Rafalski was incredible for us, I like the comparison in terms of impact theyll probably have for the team.

I do think Nemec will have a tough fight with Luke for ES production, but Nemec can run a PP better and with Hamilton we can run 2D on the PP1, set Dougie up on the left for his slapshot

I think Lukes skating will take him over the top at ES while Nemec will be the better defender. So in reality, with all the mouths to feed, its possible Nemec produces closer to Rafalski's peak numbers; but I think he has the potential to score more.

Plus Rafalski didnt start for us until he was what, 24? Nemec has three seasons of Liiga play already, he will be a force for us by the time hes turning 21 I think. Its very likely that Luke and Simon both make the team by next season, with Luke coming over this year after NCAA.
I dont know what the plans are for Nemec but to me, hes the most NHL ready of the draft.

Jiricek is also amazing tbh, but injuries have slown him down.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
I dont know what the plans are for Nemec but to me, hes the most NHL ready of the draft.

Jiricek is also amazing tbh, but injuries have slown him down.
I believe expectation is he will go through all of our camps (hes with us already and will be signed this week) and get a chance to make the team.

However, even through a language barrier, Nemec seemed honest about the fact that transitioning to NA hockey is hard and that 'the AHL is probably the best option' (loose quote - I dont have the video in front of me)

So odds are he starts in the A and plays in the NHL the season after. But I would be ecstatic and not overly surprised if he makes the team in the 3RD spot (Subban is not being offered a contract, according to Fitzgerald)

Also Nemec has a very active stick, so outside of transition defense I dont think the NA ice will do anything but help his defensive game.

Reactions: Mrb1p

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
There's always homer votes from the big fanbases. But no Slaf would not be 10th pre draft. Fact of the matter is Wight and Slaf are/were very close. If Slaf is 1 or 2 spots higher than he would've been, so what.
I think that's fair. Should have specified that's where I would have him - that's on me.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lmao wtf is this talk of Sanderson? No one in their right mind wouldve traded a top 5 pick this year for Sanderson.

Even Slaf should be ranked way above Sanderson.

I absolutely love when you make these calls. It reminds me of this Kotkaniemi vs Batherson conversation :

You : Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi.

Me : Well, I wish Batherson was as good as Kotkaniemi and more than just flashy

You : I did not say Batherson wasn't as good, he wasn't as good yesterday. Clearly youre too biased to even discussed this.

Me : Sure. Even though I did nothing but concede the points lol. I take Tkachuk or Batherson over Kotkaniemi without even thinking. It's ok if you have your own opinion.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I absolutely love when you make these calls. It reminds of this Kotkaniemi vs Batherson conversation :

You : Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi.

Me : Well, I wish Batherson was as good as Kotkaniemi and more than just flashy

You : I did not say Batherson wasn't as good, he wasn't as good yesterday. Clearly youre too biased to even discussed this.

Me : Sure. Even though I did nothing but concede the points lol. I take Tkachuk or Batherson over Kotkaniemi without even thinking. It's ok if you have your own opinion.
All that proves is that I live in your head rent free. Its like the 3rd time you come back with this.

Do you know that at the same age as KK Batherson produced 10 points? All KK has to do to match Bathersons pace as a 22 yo is to get .17 ppg more than last year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
All that proves is that I live in your head rent free. Its like the 3rd time you come back with this.

Do you know that at the same age as KK Batherson produced 10 points? All KK has to do to match Bathersons pace as a 22 yo is to get .17 ppg more than last year.
It’s nice to see a Habs fan still believing in Kotkaniemi.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

uh what a "special" answer. I mean, how old are you? 76 000 posts? Member for 11 years... what the hell?

You come up with hot takes, it's pretty normal if people are going to quote you because that's what a public forum is all about :help:

Anyway, I don't know about others but just a little reminder why I am not taking anything you say about hockey seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad