HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #26 (closed)

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Ridly Greig - C

• Luke Evangelista - LW

• Nate Danielson - C

• Kevin Korchinski - D

• Matt Coronato - RW

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Matthew Wood - RW

• Marco Rossi - C

• Tom Willander - D

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Ryker Evans - D

• Colby Barlow - LW

• Stanislav Svozil - D

• Alexandre Holtz - RW

• Marco Kasper - LW

• Dmitri Simashev - D

• Brock Faber - D

• Matthew Savoie - C

• Danila Yurov - RW

• Tyson Foerster - RW

• Tristan Luneau - D

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Connor Bedard - C:hawks18. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks235.
2. Adam Fantilli - C:cbj19. Zach Benson - LW:sabres36.
3. Matvei Michkov - RW:flyers20. Ryan Leonard - RW:caps37.
4. Leo Carlsson - C:ducks221. Jiri Kulich - C:sabres38.
5. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes22. William Eklund - LW:sharks39.
6. Luke Hughes - D:devils23. Matthew Knies - LW:leafs40.
7. David Jiricek - D:cbj24. Lane Hutson - D:habs41.
8. Simon Nemec - D:devils25. Dalibor Dvorsky - C:blues42.
9. Will Smith - C:sharks26.43.
10. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings27.44.
11. Alexander Nikishin - D:canes28.45.
12. Brandt Clarke - D:kings29.46.
13. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks230.47.
14. Shane Wright - C:seattle31.48.
15. Cutter Gauthier - LW:flyers32.49.
16. Logan Stankoven - C:stars33.50.
17. David Reinbacher - D:habs34.

To add:
Jakob Pelletier - LW
Zachary Bolduc - C
Brennan Othmann - LW
Scott Morrow - D
Mackie Samoskevich - RW
Seamus Casey - D
Fabian Lysell - RW
William Wallinder - D
Mavrik Bourque - C
Sean Farrell - LW
Joshua Roy - RW
Lukas Cormier - D
Shakir Mukhamadullin - D
Oliver Moore - C
Gabe Perreault - RW
Brayden Yager - C
Sam Honzek - C
Arseni Gritsyuk - LW
Dmitri Buchelnikov - LW
Noah Ostlund - C
Bobby Brink - RW
Nathan Gaucher - C
Jonathan Lekkerimaki - LW
Connor Zary - C
Aatu Raty - C
Brad Lambert - C
Jagger Firkus - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2022)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

Last edited:

Cederman

Jul 21, 2015
Again, Samoskevich is like the forgotten prospect here. He’s the clear #1 Panthers prospect and he’s not even listed amongst the 74 prospects listed above?

Reactions: amnesiac

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
St. Louis is on the board!

Montreal jumps several spots into the top 10.

1690805441875.png

1690805481165.png

The teams that are not on the board yet:

Boston
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Florida
Minnesota
Nashville
NYI
NYR
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Vancouver
Vegas
Winnipeg

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Kasper. Full-time center at 18 in a pro league, played a shutdown role and still produced solid offense along with strong defensive game, physicality and tons of grit.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Kasper. Full-time center at 18 in a pro league, played a shutdown role and still produced solid offense along with strong defensive game, physicality and tons of grit.
I think we're all just nervous about the offensive upside. He's one of those guys that has a high chance of making this list look bad in 2 years.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Just out of curiosity since I don't know much about him: why is Nikishin so far ahead of Hutson? Nikishin had a break out season in the KHL but he's also two years older than Hutson. It's hard to compare these guys in such drastically different leagues, though it appears to me like Hutson, at the same age, is on a better trajectory? Then again, he's pretty tiny, so that might play a big role! What do you guys think?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Just out of curiosity since I don't know much about him: why is Nikishin so far ahead of Hutson? Nikishin had a break out season in the KHL but he's also two years older than Hutson. It's hard to compare these guys in such drastically different leagues, though it appears to me like Hutson, at the same age, is on a better trajectory? Then again, he's pretty tiny, so that might play a big role! What do you guys think?
Nikishin was a 20 year old that plays in a PROFESSIONAL league where the average age is 26-27 and dominating it while Hutson was a 18 year old playing against 21-22 year olds.

The majority of the people Hutson are playing against will never touch the NHL and the lucky few that have been drafted a vast majority are looking to be 4th and 3rd liners.

Last edited:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Nikishin was a 20 year old that plays in a PROFESSIONAL league where the average age is 26-27 and dominating it while Hutson was a 18 year old playing against 21-22 year olds.

The majority of the people Hutson are playing against are will never touch the NHL and the lucky few that have been drafted a vast majority are looking to be 4th and 3rd liners.
That's what I figured, thanks for the response. I feel myself going back and forth on it, because Nikishin had fantastic numbers in a better league which deserves a lot of praise. But then I look at the roster and see that he had a ton of great support, essentially playing for the most stacked team in the league... whereas Hutson was quite literally the best player on his team as a defenseman.

Then I realize he is tiny, and that is tough to project into the NHL, and Nikishin was still the #1D on the top team in the KHL... I don't know, for me the comparison feels like it should be closer. Both fantastic prospects regardless, and at the end of the day, it makes sense to prefer the one who performed in the superior league.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Coronato because he played for my team and is therefore better than the prospects that play for your team.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

The majority of the people Hutson are playing against will never touch the NHL and the lucky few that have been drafted a vast majority are looking to be 4th and 3rd liners.
How is that different from any other league? THe vast majority of KHLers wouldnt make an NHL roster either.... I agree that the KHL is the superior league, but their point leaders include the likes of: Dmitri Jaskin, Alex Radulov, Stephane Da Costa, Reid Boucher, and Ryan Spooner. Hell, Nigel Dawes was a top scorer for years! Doesnt say too much about their defensive talent pool.

Whens the last time we acutally saw a great Dman come from the K? seriously.... Cus I can name 4 of the best Dmen in the world who came from NCAA in: Makar, FOx, McAvoy, and Hughes.

I had Nikishin ahead of Hutson, but your reasoning doesnt make much sense. For every Panarin and Kaprizov who came over and became instant all-stars theres a Shipachev, Galiev, and Belov that couldnt adapt at all to the NHL.

Time will tell, but hes no sure bet just as Hutson isnt until they play on the big club. The big advantage Nikishin had over the other offensive Dmen we've been voting is size.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLennon

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce