HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #17 (closed)

• S.Edvinsson - DET

• V.Kravtsov - NYR

• V.Soderstrom - ARI

• D.Guenther - ARI

• S.Jarvis - CAR

• M.McTavish - ANA

• V.Podkolzin - VAN

• B.Clarke - LAK

• A.Holtz - NJD

• D.Holloway - EDM

• C.McMichael - WSH

• A.Turcotte- LAK

• P.Krebs - VGK

• V.Heinola - WPG

• J.Quinn - BUF

• E.Bouchard - EDM

• M.Rossi - MIN

• C.York - PHI

• P.Tomasino - NSH

• L.Hughes - NJD

• A.Kaliyev - LAK

• K.Johnson - CLB

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks2. Moritz Seider - D:wings3. Quinton Byfield - C:kings
4. Cole Caufield - RW:habs5. Owen Power - D:sabres6. Jamie Drysdale - D:ducks
7. Bowen Byram - D:avs8. Anton Lundell - C:panthers9. Matty Beniers - C:seattle
10. Jake Sanderson - D:sens11. Lucas Raymond - LW:wings12. Matthew Boldy - LW:wild
13. Alex Newhook - C:avs14. William Eklund - LW:sharks15. Nils Lundkvist - D:rangers
16. Cole Perfetti - C:jets17.18.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add:

P.Broberg - EDM
I.Morozov - VGK
D.Farrance - NSH
S.Perunovich - STL
S.Pinto - OTT
C.Zary - CGY
PO Joseph - PIT
G.Denisenko - FLA
D.Mercer - NJD
J.Berggren - DET
K.Marchenko - CLB
Y.Chinakhov - CLB
T.Bordeleau - SJS
L.Reichel - CHI
K.Guhle - MTL
JJ Peterka - BUF
N.Robertson - TOR
C.Addison - MIN
T.Harley - DAL
B.Faber - LAK
C.Sillinger - CLB

past lists:
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (2020)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (2019)

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
McMichael being understated here. I like his certainty to be an NHL player and being underrated without pressure. Rossi, for example, having tons on his shoulders. Not the best skater but his instincts are awesome and equally distributes and scores. He belongs in the top 20 IMO.

AHL

TOTAL

AHL

OHL

TOTAL

OHL

WJC

TOTAL

WJC

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I've seen you saying this for a few threads now, and I understand a Rangers fan voting Kravstov, but what in the world would warrant a "and it's not even close" for this??
He was regarded as the best prospect in the world by many like Craig Button, had a bad year when he bounced around between the AHL & KHL, but last season he led his KHL team in goals at age 21 when he missed 10 of the 59 games. He was then easily the Rangers best player in over half of the 20 games he played at the end of the year. I think he is better than Kakko or Lafreniere.
And I’m not just being a Homer as I was saying Kravtsov when Lundkvist was on the board, and if I voted Lundkvist instead I could’ve helped him win

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
He was regarded as the best prospect in the world by many like Craig Button, had a bad year when he bounced around between the AHL & KHL, but last season he led his KHL team in goals at age 21 when he missed 10 of the 59 games. He was then easily the Rangers best player in over half of the 20 games he played at the end of the year. I think he is better than Kakko or Lafreniere.
And I’m not just being a Homer as I was saying Kravtsov when Lundkvist was on the board, and if I voted Lundkvist instead I could’ve helped him win
He was regarded as one of the best prospects in the world. I do remember that. However, his problem is people since then have been drafted and progressed at a better rate then him. This will be Kravstov's what, D+4 year? Normally you expect a top-1o pick to be a little more ahead of the curve by now. '
If you look at the prospects already voted in, they are all 2019 draft or later. Even if you look at all of the other voting options, they were drafted 2019 or later. Kravstov is just developing too slow for a top-10 pick to be voted right now, and let alone get a "AINEC" with it. I just looked at his stats and he hasn't scored at a 0.5 points per game pace at a club level since 2016-17 in the MHL.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He was regarded as one of the best prospects in the world. I do remember that. However, his problem is people since then have been drafted and progressed at a better rate then him. This will be Kravstov's what, D+4 year? Normally you expect a top-1o pick to be a little more ahead of the curve by now. '
If you look at the prospects already voted in, they are all 2019 draft or later. Even if you look at all of the other voting options, they were drafted 2019 or later. Kravstov is just developing too slow for a top-10 pick to be voted right now, and let alone get a "AINEC" with it. I just looked at his stats and he hasn't scored at a 0.5 points per game pace at a club level since 2016-17 in the MHL.
He was ranked #1 by Craig Button
I agree with much of what you said, he has taken longer to develop (as many players in the KHL do). He had a really rough season in 2019-20 when he bounced around between the AHL, KHL & VHL. But last season he was one of the best young players in the KHL, and on the Rangers despite not producing (he was mostly on the 4th line) he was easily our best player in the majority of the games. The KHL is a far lower scoring league than the NHL too so you're just looking at raw numbers when he was the leading goal scorer on his team at 21 years old. Players do not score a lot in the KHL, especially not young players. Also look at his playoff stats which are excellent.

He scored 1 goal in 6 games in the KHL (youngest player in KHL history to score a playoff goal) & 6pts in 5 games in the MHL in his D-2 season
6 goals 5 assists for 11pts in 16 games in the KHL in his D-1 season, most ever for a player his age, added to 4pts in 2 games in the MHL playoffs that year. 2pts in 4 games in the 18-19 KHL playoffs, then 4pts in 5 games in the 20-21 KHL playoffs.

So from 16-17 to 20-21 he has produced at 0.74PPG in the playoffs.

Have you watched his games in the NHL? Go read through the GDT's, he was our best player in most of them. Don't just look at points as he was playing on the 4th line almost the entire time and didn't get any PP time either. He also had comical bad luck, his first NHL goal was taken back on a coaches challenge for offside, he nearly scored a gorgeous falling down GWG goal in the dying seconds of his first NHL game and got absolutely robbed, he hit like 20 posts/crossbars in 20 games, he had 2 assists that were for some reason not credited to him that were clearly his. He was our first forward back on the backcheck every single shift, and the majority of the time was back before the second defenseman even got back. He looked miles better than Kakko or Lafreniere

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He scored 1 goal in 6 games in the KHL (youngest player in KHL history to score a playoff goal) & 6pts in 5 games in the MHL in his D-2 season
6 goals 5 assists for 11pts in 16 games in the KHL in his D-1 season, most ever for a player his age, added to 4pts in 2 games in the MHL playoffs that year. 2pts in 4 games in the 18-19 KHL playoffs, then 4pts in 5 games in the 20-21 KHL playoffs.
You know a top 10 pick is progressing well when you need to bring up stats from 2 years before the draft to make them look good.

Reactions: HanSolo

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You know a top 10 pick is progressing well when you need to bring up stats from 2 years before the draft to make them look good.
I just listed his entire playoff stat line because the user I was replying to listed his entire regular season stat line. His best season was his last season, it's not like he was better years ago.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I just listed his entire playoff stat line because the user I was replying to listed his entire regular season stat line. His best season was his last season, it's not like he was better years ago.
Yeah I only brought up the regular season because since being drafted he has played 172 regular games and only 9 playoff games. (I've excluded all international events) He has 6 points in those 9 playoff games which is good. But he also only has 69 points in 172 regular season games. I understand they were at different levels with different teammates and competition but still...this guy was drafted 4 years ago now.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yeah I only brought up the regular season because since being drafted he has played 172 regular games and only 9 playoff games. (I've excluded all international events) He has 6 points in those 9 playoff games which is good. But he also only has 69 points in 172 regular season games. I understand they were at different levels with different teammates and competition but still...this guy was drafted 4 years ago now.
The 2018 draft was 3 years ago
And the KHL is way lower scoring than the NHL, the KHL season was longer than the NHL season this year and their leading scorer had 67 points, the NHL’s leading scorer had 105 points. The KHL had 3 players over 60 points, the NHL had 12.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Despite his size.... 120P in 56GP in his draft year in the OHL is just massive potential.

So Rossi for me

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
I'm looking forward to seeing McMichael in training camp. He could be a Calder finalist if the Capitals ship out Kuznetsov.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
And the KHL is way lower scoring than the NHL, the KHL season was longer than the NHL season this year and their leading scorer had 67 points, the NHL’s leading scorer had 105 points. The KHL had 3 players over 60 points, the NHL had 12.
But Kravtsov isn't the only player to have ever played in the KHL. We have past and current prospects and Kravtsov simply doesn't compare favorably.

Also lol at cherrypicking what McDavid did as if that's representative of NHL scoring at large.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Looks like Rossi is taking this one. Loved him at draft day. But like I stated previously, tough to be considered a top 20 prospect, when you miss your entire D+1 season of development. Krebs should be next.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Have you watched his games in the NHL? Go read through the GDT's, he was our best player in most of them. Don't just look at points as he was playing on the 4th line almost the entire time and didn't get any PP time either. He also had comical bad luck, his first NHL goal was taken back on a coaches challenge for offside, he nearly scored a gorgeous falling down GWG goal in the dying seconds of his first NHL game and got absolutely robbed, he hit like 20 posts/crossbars in 20 games, he had 2 assists that were for some reason not credited to him that were clearly his. He was our first forward back on the backcheck every single shift, and the majority of the time was back before the second defenseman even got back. He looked miles better than Kakko or Lafreniere

i'm all for a good exaggeration every now and then, but it looks like he hit 1 post/crossbar this season in 20 games.

NHL Stats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad