HFBoards TOP 50 Prospect Ranking: #8 (closed)

• Barrett Hayton - C

• Erik Brannstrom - D

• Evan Bouchard - D

• Cole Caufield - W

• Dylan Cozens - C

• Trevor Zegras - C

• Filip Zadina - W

• Martin Necas - C

• Eeli Tolvanen - W

• Kirill Kaprizov - W

• Adam Boqvist - D

• Jordan Kyrou - C

• Noah Dobson - D

• Cody Glass - C

• Kirby Dach - C

• Vasili Podkolzin - W

• Drake Batherson - W

• Lias Andersson - C

• Other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How on Earth is Morgan Frost not on this list, but his inferior teammate Hayton is?

:facepalm:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Youre accusing me of being biased yet I just explained that he was CONSENSUSLY ranked around Cozens, Krebs, Podkolzin, and Boldy, and the 4 dmen were well after. Understand yet?

Am I also Canucks homer because I put Podkolzin over Broberg or Seider? I could easily put Boldy or Krebs over Caufield and Podkolzin, as they were all ranked around the same. But guess what, IT DOSENT MATTER. They arent going to be voted in for a while anyway. Youre just miffed that I have a Habs prospect up there, and feel the need to point the finger.

Whos being immature now?

Take the time to look up Caufield btw, and see the records hes broken. As of now, he was the steal of the draft whether you think so or not.

I’m just pointing out your obvious bias. Calm down.

Reactions: NotLeddy and newfy

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I’m just pointing out your obvious bias. Calm down.

I AM CALM!!!!!!!!

again, I have no problem rotating him with Krebs or Boldy next. People were asking me to put him and Podkolzin (obviously Habs and Nucks fans), so I did. It wasnt unreasonable.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
if you think its because Im a Habs fan, well Im not.

Not that I truly care because at the end of the day, it's an internet forum/poll and has no bearing on the development/potential of any particular prospect but which team are you a fan of? Do you post on any teams particular board?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Not that I truly care because at the end of the day, it's an internet forum/poll and has no bearing on the development/potential of any particular prospect but which team are you a fan of? Do you post on any teams particular board?

No team, really... In the end I hope for exciting playoffs, maybe root a bit more for the underdog. Was a diehard Flames fan as a kid circa 1990-96 when they kept losing in the 1st round (3 times lost 7th game OT!)

I mean, if the Habs make the playoffs, sure, Id like to see them win, but Im not gonna go nuts.... Olympics/WCH, yes Ill root for Team Canada of course.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Went Brannstrom, was tough not to go with Dach, glass or Kyrou. I’ve never watched kaprizov. It’s tough comparing 21 y.o’s to 18’s.

Brannstrom could be a phenomenal robin to Chabots Batman

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
You thought there were enough 2019 picks but put Caufield up there? It’s pretty clear why he’s up there and the other six aren’t.
Caufield is a better prospect the guys like Seider. HF posters always get hung up on draft position. NDTP goal record thank you very much.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
So Pronman, Button, HF rankings etc. are valued more?

What do rankings (not released by actual NHL teams) have to do with where players were actually selected (again, by actual NHL GM/Scouting staffs).

To each their own.
NHL Central Scouting, Bob McKenzie, Corey Pronman, Craig Button, HF Consensus, the list goes on.... almost any reputable pre-draft scouting source had Caufield in the top 10.

Just like you personally refused to rank Kotkaniemi anywhere near the top 5 last year after the draft because of pre-draft consensus rankings (despite him going third overall), it's very interesting that you now complain that a Habs prospect be ranked exactly where he was projected in the pre-draft consensus rankings after the draft is complete.

Anyway, on topic: I'm voting Kaprizov here. In my opinion he should've been ranked even higher.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Youre accusing me of being biased yet I just explained that he was CONSENSUSLY ranked around Cozens, Krebs, Podkolzin, and Boldy, and the 4 dmen were well after. Understand yet?

Am I also Canucks homer because I put Podkolzin over Broberg or Seider? I could easily put Boldy or Krebs over Caufield and Podkolzin, as they were all ranked around the same. But guess what, IT DOSENT MATTER. They arent going to be voted in for a while anyway. Youre just miffed that I have a Habs prospect up there, and feel the need to point the finger.

Whos being immature now?

Take the time to look up Caufield btw, and see the records hes broken. As of now, he was the steal of the draft whether you think so or not.

You're exactly right here. He was pretty outspoken last year about how Kotkaniemi was grossly overrated in his opinion. My sense is that he just doesn't like the Habs, or was bitter that Habs fans felt KK was better than Zadina.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You're exactly right here. He was pretty outspoken last year about how Kotkaniemi was grossly overrated in his opinion. My sense is that he just doesn't like the Habs, or was bitter that Habs fans felt KK was better than Zadina.

I thought Kotkaniemi was overrated yes. I thought that before he was drafted too, am I not allowed to have an opinion? I don’t think Caufield is overrated. I don’t have anything against the Habs. Relax, not everyone is out to get your fanbase.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Uh, add ty smith. He won chl dman of the year.

Your list of current guys is so random. Some meh players on it, and then much better guys on the "soon to be added list" .

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Uh, add ty smith. He won chl dman of the year.

Your list of current guys is so random. Some meh players on it, and then much better guys on the "soon to be added list" .

Smith got like 1 vote last poll, so I rotate. As for the meh guys, thats your opinion. These are prospects that have barely proven a thing.

ITT Isaac Nootin trying to discredit habs prospect again :laugh:

Anyway
If Caufield is on the list, Brook should be there as hes our best prospect.
first time I hear Brook being #1..... Poehling, Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov have always been ahead

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Smith got like 1 vote last poll, so I rotate. As for the meh guys, thats your opinion. These are prospects that have barely proven a thing.

first time I hear Brook being #1..... Poehling, Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov have always been ahead
I have him number one and Im pretty sure @montreal does too, or he has him behind Suzuki.

Brook was the best defender in junior last year and even if you want to be a hard ass he was at worst the 2nd best behind Smith. He has the most upside. Hes going to be a 1D.

I have him 13th overall on my top 50 affiliated.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I'd have Brook ahead of Suzuki and Poehling, quite a bit ahead of Romanov. I'm still digesting where Caufield fits into the rankings, I haven't added him to my lists because I want to watch him a bit more before deciding.

So yeah, Caufield excluded, Brook is probably Habs best prospect imho. If not, he's quite close to the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad