HFBoards TOP 50 Prospect Ranking: #22 (closed)

• Dillon Dube - W

• Rasmus Sandin - D

• Dante Fabbro - D

• Filip Hronek - D

• Oliver Wahlstrom - W

• Sam Steel - C

• Joel Farabee - W

• Philip Broberg - D

• K'Andre Miller - D

• Grigori Denisenko - W

• Henri Jokiharju - D

• Morgan Frost - C

• Adam Fox - D

• Jusso Valimaki - D

• Peyton Krebs - C

• Victor Soderstrom - D

• Ryan Poehling - C

• Barrett Hayton - C

• Mortiz Seider - D

• Owen Tippett - W

• Logan Brown - C

• Jesper Boqvist - W

• Matthew Boldy - W

• Jordan Kyrou - W

• Philippe Myers - D

• other (who?)

• Cole Caufield - W

• Aleksi Heopniemi - W

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
That time of year.

Vote for who you think will be the best.

22 and under, 50 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Jack Hughes - C:devils14. Martin Necas - C:canes2740
2. Kaapo Kakko - W:rangers15. Noah Dobson - D:isles2841
3. Cale Makar - D:avs16. Adam Boqvist - D:hawks2942
4. Bowen Byram - D:avs17. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton3043
5. Quinn Hughes - D:nucks18. Vasili Podkolzin - W:nucks3144
6. Alex Turcotte- C:kings19. Ty Smith - D:devils3245
7. Vitali Kravtsov - W:rangers20. Dylan Cozens - C:sabres3346
T8. Kirill Kaprizov - W:wild21. Drake Batherson - W :sens3447
T8. Kirby Dach - C:hawks22.3548
10. Cody Glass - C:vegas23.3649
11. Erik Brannstrom - D:sens24.3750
12. Filip Zadina - W:wings25.38
13. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks26.39
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

to add:
Alex Romanov
Bode Wilde
Alex Texier
Troy Terry
Josh Brook
Nick Suzuki
Nic Hague
Ethan Bear
Sami Niku
Gabe Vilardi
Timothy Liljegren
Joe Veleno
Teddy Blueger
Elie Tolvanen
Kristian Vesalainen
Tyler Benson
Max Comtois
Rasmus Kupari
Cam York
Carl Grundstrom
Cal Foote
Lias Andersson
Alex Newhook

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Frost
Miller
Hronek/Sandin/Fox/Valimaki
Hayton/Caufield/Denisenko/Steel/Heponiemi

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hayton is next on my list. I'd have to think my list over after he goes but probably Frost and Caufield would be up there for me.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol @ the OP - This is Poll #16:

This is Poll #17:

This is Poll #21:

Frost/Batherson
Hayton/Steel/Denisenko/Caufield/Krebs
Miller/Hronek/Fox/Sandin
Heponiemi

Look at Sandin lol. He goes from being #18, to around #21~, to being around #30~. And then the OP whines about Canadian bias in voting when people are voting for Sandin. Maybe don't do these polls next time.

People can have prospects in similar tiers and flip flip from day to day without it being bias or their opinions changing drastically. I voted Denisenko in the last thread after voting for K'Andre Miller in the one before that and almost voted Caufield here. Not because anything has happened to change my mind but simply because I see those three & Valimaki as equivalent talents and which one I like most of that quartet changes regularly.

Not saying that's what happened here, but that sort of inconsistency doesn't necessarily require a more nefarious explanation.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Thanks amnesiac for keeping up with the polls even though posters are being jerks in every one of them...

I've been alone voting for Wahlstrom for a long time now. I just hope he pans out like I think he will so I can come back here in a few years!!!! :)

Reactions: amnesiac

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
@amnesiac

Add Benson to the main poll, I know you know he belongs.

Him and Batherson were neck and neck for the best AHL Rookie season and I know you know that.

Tell me what forwards you honestly believe are coming off better seasons that are remaining?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
@amnesiac

Add Benson to the main poll, I know you know he belongs.

Him and Batherson were neck and neck for the best AHL Rookie season and I know you know that.

Tell me what forwards you honestly believe are coming off better seasons that are remaining?

last time I put him he got 1 vote... Ill add him next

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
last time I put him he got 1 vote... Ill add him next

And it wasn’t me :)

Putting up 66 in 68 games deserves to be on the list at this point especially after Batherson went.

Those two really underrated on these boards and I think surprise some people next year.

I expect both in top 6 roles next year.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
It's pretty cool 3 of the top 4 voters atm played on a team together in 2018. That was one stacked greyhound team. Frost, Hayton, Sandin, Timmins, Raddysh, Katchouk...heck even Villalta was good in net.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
It's pretty cool 3 of the top 4 voters atm played on a team together in 2018. That was one stacked greyhound team. Frost, Hayton, Sandin, Timmins, Raddysh, Katchouk...heck even Villalta was good in net.
There's a sentiment that the Soo is to Dubas what the Knights are to the Hunters. London has always been an NHL player factory, but the Soo really seems to be starting to produce prospects whose stock rises a lot after their draft, it would be interesting to see it materialize into a bunch of good NHL'ers

Mac Hollowell too, maybe early to call that one but the feeling on the Leafs board is that he's a legitimate prospect above some others that you might expect to rank higher

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Not that I'd vote for him at this point, but Cole Caufield isn't listed as an option.

Look down
(not a height joke - he is at bottom of list)

Why is Heponiemi on this list and more importantly, why are Sandin and Frost leading the votes :laugh:

Sandin in 2nd place, I don't get. There are a handful of d-men I'd take over Sandin in a heartbeat (Fox, Fabbro, even Soderstrom).

And it wasn’t me :)

Putting up 66 in 68 games deserves to be on the list at this point especially after Batherson went.

Those two really underrated on these boards and I think surprise some people next year.

I expect both in top 6 roles next year.

I like Benson, but it is a little early for him here, no? Bakersfield had the biggest jump in AHL in goals scored between 2017-18 and 2018-19 than we have seen in years. Benson is one of the reasons for that, but I think Cooper Marody was more of the difference maker.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I think it should have been Sandin since Smith, but I can't argue against Frost currently being in the lead right now either. He's a really good prospect in his own right.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Look down
(not a height joke - he is at bottom of list)

Sandin in 2nd place, I don't get. There are a handful of d-men I'd take over Sandin in a heartbeat (Fox, Fabbro, even Soderstrom).

I like Benson, but it is a little early for him here, no? Bakersfield had the biggest jump in AHL in goals scored between 2017-18 and 2018-19 than we have seen in years. Benson is one of the reasons for that, but I think Cooper Marody was more of the difference maker.

Good to see Marody noticed, his production is better per game but he’s also much older.

Both of them lack elite skating and that’s a concern. However they both have elite hockey IQ and played top line minutes in the AHL. They have really good chemistry.

You’re a big prospects guy, what are your thoughts on the following:
1. Only Benson up, and in the top 6 with Nuges line;
2. Benson and Marody up, with Benson on 2 LW and Marody on 3 C or 3 RW; or
3. Benson and Marody up with him and Benson on the 3rd line together.

I’m interested in learned hockey guys opinions because I legit don’t know what’s best. Benson is a sure fire NHLer now, that I am confident in. His hockey IQ and decision making are NHL ready.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why is Heponiemi on this list and more importantly, why are Sandin and Frost leading the votes :laugh:
Funny how just the other day you were saying "are we still pretending Frost is better than Nick S?"

Guess the majority thinks so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad