Who is the best center?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We have a three way tiebreaker for #13. We'll have all three in a poll first - the winner gets #13. The two losers will go to another run-off to determine who gets #14 (the run-off winner) and #15.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Backstrom. Kuznetsov is also better than Couturier and Aho.

Just wondering, are you are aware Kuznetsov is genuinely one of the worst defensive centers in the league and doesn't drive play at all? He's great offensively, especially at playmaking, but factors like that big of a detriment in defensive game have to come into consideration in center rankings since the production gap between so many of these centers isn't that different once we get into the 13th-21st rankings.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
559178C3-37FA-4AB5-B17A-11B3F15365DB.png

While advanced stats definitely overrate Couturier I don’t think you can really make and argument for Backstrom here.

Even not taking advanced stats into consideration it’s weird how Couturier has outscored him in the past two years and been a Selke candidate and is somehow losing this poll.

Reactions: Sasso09

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Just wondering, are you are aware Kuznetsov is genuinely one of the worst defensive centers in the league and doesn't drive play at all? He's great offensively, especially at playmaking, but factors like that big of a detriment in defensive game have to come into consideration in center rankings since the production gap between so many of these centers isn't that different once we get into the 13th-21st rankings.

Kuznetsov can, and has, reached an offensive level that Couturier hasn't come close to and no amount of defense makes up for that kind of talent.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Couturier today, Aho tomorrow. Backstrom will imo be the best player by a fair margain in a comparison once all 3 players retire. Backstrom is just a hair behind Couturier, even if I believe he is 15-20% below his normal standard

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Kuznetsov can, and has, reached an offensive level that Couturier hasn't come close to and no amount of defense makes up for that kind of talent.

??? His career high is 83 points and he's never broken 30 goals. Couts just put up back-to-back seasons with 30+ goals and 76 points. He also outscored Kuznetsov last season. I'd call that close.

I'd also say Selke-caliber defense makes up for 7 points.

Kuznetsov doesn't belong in this conversation. By the way, is he the worst center in the league at faceoffs? 38.7% over an entire season is embarrassing.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
??? His career high is 83 points and he's never broken 30 goals. Couts just put up back-to-back seasons with 30+ goals and 76 points. He also outscored Kuznetsov last season. I'd call that close.

I'd also say Selke-caliber defense makes up for 7 points.

Kuznetsov doesn't belong in this conversation. By the way, is he the worst center in the league at faceoffs? 38.7% over an entire season is embarrassing.

Let me know when Couturier has a 30+pt playoff run then we'll call them close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad