HFBoards TOP 15 Goalie Prospects #5 CLOSED

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
what a joke! NEITHER of Sorokin and shestyorkin are top-4? parsons over hart?

LOL

Parsons arguably just had the best Calendar year by a Juniour goalie, ever... Button ranked him as the top goalie prospect in the world and he actually watches people play. Not to mention probably one of the two best goaltending performance at the WJC in the 20+ years I've been watching that tourney (Mrazek the other). But sure, let's ignore what just happened.

I've heard several scouts/media say he's better than Jon Gibson at the same age...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
what a joke! NEITHER of Sorokin and shestyorkin are top-4? parsons over hart?

LOL

I kind of think that in a head-to-head poll Parsons would loose both to Sorokin and to Shestyorkin, but in this poll series votes were almost evenly spread between those two just because it's too close between them (I'm judging by myself - everytime I have to choose between them it's a coin toss).

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I kind of think that in a head-to-head poll Parsons would loose both to Sorokin and to Shestyorkin, but in this poll series votes were almost evenly spread between those two just because it's too close between them (I'm judging by myself - everytime I have to choose between them it's a coin toss).

Yeah.

Why these rankings aren't always great.

I prefer Sorokin over Shestyorkin btw, Shesty has a great team around him and that helps his stats.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Idk about Parsons above the two Russians and Hart

-14 game win streak to win the mem cup
- 4 wins 0 losses head-to-head vs Samsonov and Hart (outshot every game) at WJC
-eliminated Windsor (went on to win memorial cup as hosts); Windsor is stacked too (Bracco, Stanley, Sergachev, Brown, DiPietro+)
-lost in game 7 OT to Erie (outshot 2-1 in that series); Erie was basically a WJC caliber team (most of their players played for Canada or USA + Cernak).
-9-1 when facing elimination.

Clearly doesn't belong in the conversation with the guys he's 4-0 against while being heavily outshot every game :laugh:

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
-14 game win streak to win the mem cup
- 4 wins 0 losses head-to-head vs Samsonov and Hart (outshot every game) at WJC
-eliminated Windsor (went on to win memorial cup as hosts); Windsor is stacked too (Bracco, Stanley, Sergachev, Brown, DiPietro+)
-lost in game 7 OT to Erie (outshot 2-1 in that series); Erie was basically a WJC caliber team (most of their players played for Canada or USA + Cernak).
-9-1 when facing elimination.

Clearly doesn't belong in the conversation with the guys he's 4-0 against while being heavily outshot every game :laugh:

You forgot:

OHL goalie of the year
CHL goalie of the year
WJC Best Goalie

Oh....because he didn't win any of those.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You forgot:

OHL goalie of the year
CHL goalie of the year
WJC Best Goalie

Oh....because he didn't win any of those.

You do realize that Carter Hart will likely be DiPietro's backup at the WJC, right? I think that speaks volumes of how he played in big games this year. I'll take the guy that's 9-1 in elimination games.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Jesus christ HF. Parsons over the 2 Russians and Hart after 1 good season? Holy hell. Brutal.

Shestyorkin has outstanding seasons every year and his numbers were better than Parsons last year in a far stronger league. Only Saros shoulder be higher.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Jesus christ HF. Parsons over the 2 Russians and Hart after 1 good season? Holy hell. Brutal.

Parsons was selected 6 picks after Hart... it's not like he came out of no where.

And actually, he's had two good seasons. Unless you consider winning 14 OHL/mem cup games in a row 'not good'

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Shestyorkin has outstanding seasons every year and his numbers were better than Parsons last year in a far stronger league. Only Saros shoulder be higher.

Goalies always post ridiculous #s in the KHL. Bigger ice, pro defences. Those lead to low scoring games in the KHL. Plus all of Sorokin, Samsonov and Shesterkin play on by far the best teams in Russia. So anyone using the Knights/team argument should be using that against those guys too.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don't see Parsons over the two Russian goaltenders on this list. Hart should be above him too, but not above the Russian goalies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Does anyone have a legit argument as why Parsons is not good?

All I've seen so far is, 'I don't see it' 'come on HF' what about his actual play makes you worry? All he does is steal games...

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Does anyone have a legit argument as why Parsons is not good?

All I've seen so far is, 'I don't see it' 'come on HF' what about his actual play makes you worry? All he does is steal games...

Parsons is a damn good goalie, and I think an argument can definitely be made for him at 4. With that being said, I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks either of the Russians or Hart should be ahead of him, as there is a valid argument there as well.

I'd have Sorokin ahead of Parsons, but not Shesterkin. Hart after all 3.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Parsons is a damn good goalie, and I think an argument can definitely be made for him at 4. With that being said, I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks either of the Russians or Hart should be ahead of him, as there is a valid argument there as well.

I was only arguing why he should be in the convo, which he should. Not that he's significantly better. Not a fan of Carter Hart though, Sandstrom is better imo. Would take Gillies/Comrie/Jarry/Forsberg above Hart too.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Parsons really should not be higher than Sorokin and Shestyorkin. My guess is a whole bunch of Flames fans got together and voted for him because I don't see an argument for him at all above the Russians. Demko at 3 is also funny

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Yeah.

Why these rankings aren't always great.

I prefer Sorokin over Shestyorkin btw, Shesty has a great team around him and that helps his stats.

Its not like Sorokin has a bad team... CSKA was first last year iirc. Shesty faced higher shots per game and put up better stats. Sorokin only has size on him but Shesty is much more athletic. Both will be great but honestly I cant see an argument for Sorokin. "Shesty has a great team around him and that helps his stats" also shows how much you watch him. SKA's defense really isn't anything special, its not like Shesty takes shots to the logo for the whole game, he has to make a lot of crazy saves

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Damn, Parsons and Demko got the Liljegren treatment!

Sam
Shet
Sor
Hart
Saros
Husso
Parson

Would be my list, although I haven't seen enough of Saros or the Russians to be confident. Mostly based on the scouting reports of professionals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad