HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 4th Forward

Who should be Team Canada’s fourth line centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Welp, MacKinnon was selected by a pretty overwhelming margin. Again, centres will be available to select for the wings.

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the four centre positions.
2. Fill the wings, jumping from wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like MacKinnon or Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
3. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
4. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s fourth forward*?

x - McDavid - MacKinnon
x - Crosby - x
x - x - x
x - x - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
With three strongly offense-oriented lines shaping up, my vote for the fourth line centre goes to O’Rielly. Selke winner, Conn Smythe winner, just under 30 goals/80 points last season, nearly 57% on the dot. Oh, yeah.

Reactions: missionAvs

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't know how to vote for this because MacKinnon at center throws the dynamics off of what I'd like to see. I think Tavares would be a great fit as a 4th line center but it's also weird to have no center that is seen as a reliable defensive presence (don't @ me Penguins fans). I think Bergeron will be voted in on the wing so I guess I'll go O'Reilly.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Give me Couturier. I want Bergeron on Crosby’s wing. I think you would’ve had a lot more success with this by going line to line OP. Pretty please do team USA next.

Reactions: Dominance

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
The only natural wings that make team canada are:

Hall
Marner
Marchand
Stone
Huberdeau (Probably)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Give me Couturier. I want Bergeron on Crosby’s wing. I think you would’ve had a lot more success with this by going line to line OP. Pretty please do team USA next.
I want to restart if I’m being honest, but that wouldn’t be right. MacKinnon at 3C is extremely foolish IMO and now Bergeron is going to be voted in here...

Reactions: 7even

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Going Couts even though I have Tavares at 3C and MacK on the wing because I want that defensive presence on the team.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
MacK should play wing so we can have more balance down the middle. I'd go with any of the following for 3c and 4C (in no order)

Bergeron
Coots
O'Reilly
Tavares
Point.

For the purpose of this poll I went Coots.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I want to restart if I’m being honest, but that wouldn’t be right. MacKinnon at 3C is extremely foolish IMO and now Bergeron is going to be voted in here...

I don’t see a problem with that. They’re your polls, you can do them how you want. If you feel the results are skewed by people not understanding the premise, then I think it’s understandable.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The only natural wings that make team canada are:

Hall
Marner
Marchand
Stone
Huberdeau (Probably)

Idk. That's a tough call. You look at the list of centers and try to decide how many of those guys HAVE to he on the team....there isn't really room for all of the 5 natural wingers you mentioned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad