HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 2LW

Who SHOULD be Team Canada’s second-line left wing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hall just slightly ekes out the majority vote over Marchand in the last poll, to the consternation of some, it would seem. On the bright side, last poll saw the greatest variety of votes. Things are getting interesting, although this poll may be pretty cut and dry. Who is the best player to compliment Crosby and Bergeron on the second line?

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the forwards, moving from centre to wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
2. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
3. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s second line left wing?

Hall - McDavid - MacKinnon
x - Crosby - Bergeron
x - x - x
x - x - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This is when we get to see who the true Marchand haters are because any other pick here wouldn't make sense.

Reactions: Dominance

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
This is when we get to see who the true Marchand haters are because any other pick here wouldn't make sense.
Yes and No.

Marchand should win this one due to the chemistry he's shown with the two, but than again Hall just won the #1 LW poll which doesn't make much sense at all.

I'm not sure if we are looking at strictly the best player, or the best fit.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It’s Marchand obviously.

Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron line is the best we’ve seen in the last half decade or so in international hockey.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My vote went to Marchand. Why break up what has worked so well? Incredible chemistry between him, Crosby, and Bergeron.

You'd have more luck resuming the polls by just going for "best forward available". And do a separate poll at the end for line combinations - or even just you be the one in charge of figuring out what lines to create based on players voted. The results will keep skewing if not since like half the voters keep picking best player available, vs the right choice at position.

That being said - for this poll the obvious answer, either way you look at it, is Marchand.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
You'd have more luck resuming the polls by just going for "best forward available". And do a separate poll at the end for line combinations - or even just you be the one in charge of figuring out what lines to create based on players voted. The results will keep skewing if not since like half the voters keep picking best player available, vs the right choice at position.

That being said - for this poll the obvious answer, either way you look at it, is Marchand.
I considered a bunch of different ways to do these polls. They all have great flaws. For example, it could make even worse fits if I followed your advice and had polls to select the best 12 players, then trying to fit them into the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad