HFBoards' Slammy Awards: WWE/NXT Match of the Year

WWE/NXT Match of the Year

• 30-man Royal Rumble match (Royal Rumble)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler (Raw 06/25/18)

• Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles (Tables, Ladders & Chairs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Previous Results:
PPV
TV
NXT

2012 -- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (Over The Limit) -- 35.42%
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (Raw 01/30/12) -- 52.17%

2013 -- CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (Summerslam) -- 62%
CM Punk vs. John Cena (Raw 02/25/13) -- 63.89%

2014 -- The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (Elimination Chamber) -- 70.97%
Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins (Raw 08/18/14) -- 36.36%
Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro (NXT Arrival) -- 45.24%

2015 -- Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena (Royal Rumble) -- 58.44%
John Cena vs. Cesaro (Raw 07/06/15) -- 32.84%
Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (NXT Takeover: Brooklyn) -- 69.23%

2016 -- Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn (Battleground) -- 45.90%
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (Raw 11/28/16) -- 30.95%
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn (NXT Takeover: Dallas) -- 55%

2017 -- AJ Styles vs. John Cena (Royal Rumble) -- 64.6%
AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin -- 29%
Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne (NXT Takeover: Chicago) -- 35.1%

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ugh, not separating NXT from WWE making this terribly difficult, but I have to go with Gargano/Almas. If anything because I was there, and to have been there was totally nuts.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Ronda's debut match. I was absolutely blown away by how good she was - most unexpectedly great performance of all time for me watching WWE for almost 30 years.

Close runner-ups are Bryan/Brock and women's TLC match (and women's rumble match which isn't here).

I don't want NXT

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Voted Ronda's debut match. I was absolutely blown away by how good she was - most unexpectedly great performance of all time for me watching WWE for almost 30 years.

Close runner-ups are Bryan/Brock and women's TLC match (and women's rumble match which isn't here).

I don't want NXT

You should absolutely do yourself a favour and watch the NXT Takeovers. Every single event is fantastic.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You should absolutely do yourself a favour and watch the NXT Takeovers. Every single event is fantastic.

I won't. I'm very guilty of being hype driven when it comes to wrestling. I only care about wrestlers when there tends to be a lot of hype/talk/cheers for them. I'm loving Becky - been a fan of Bryan for years, etc. I was excited about HBK's return.

NXT is a bunch of no-names performing in smaller venues. It's just not my speed. And i'm not saying this to try and insult them - I understand they're great performers, and a tremendous success - it's just not for me is all.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I won't. I'm very guilty of being hype driven when it comes to wrestling. I only care about wrestlers when there tends to be a lot of hype/talk/cheers for them. I'm loving Becky - been a fan of Bryan for years, etc. I was excited about HBK's return.

NXT is a bunch of no-names performing in smaller venues. It's just not my speed. And i'm not saying this to try and insult them - I understand they're great performers, and a tremendous success - it's just not for me is all.

I don't exactly know what you mean when you say no names. There are plenty of high profile guys that run through NXT. Also the Takeover events sell out large arena's these days as well. Seriously, go check them out. The only reason to actively avoid watching the Takeovers is so you won't be spoiled compared to the usual garbage that the WWE puts out these days.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

They aren’t no-names at all and they perform Takeovers in arenas just as big as WWE’s normal PPV events lol. You’re doing yourself an extreme disservice as a fan to have that thought stop you from watching the best show under WWE’s umbrella, and arguably the best, most consistent brand in wrestling today.

Reactions: Serac

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

This is such a unfortunate point of view.

NXT is the height of wrestling right now, and every TakeOver is much more hyped and anticipated that the main roster event the same weekend.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC

Telling you, bro, the quality of the performances creates its own hype. You won't need to subsist off the hype of the media or shows, you'll feel the hype within you, bro. It's there, bro, just let it take you over. Watch a TakeOver, bro. You won't be disappointed.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They aren’t no-names at all and they perform Takeovers in arenas just as big as WWE’s normal PPV events lol. You’re doing yourself an extreme disservice as a fan to have that thought stop you from watching the best show under WWE’s umbrella, and arguably the best, most consistent brand in wrestling today.

This is such a unfortunate point of view.

NXT is the height of wrestling right now, and every TakeOver is much more hyped and anticipated that the main roster event the same weekend.

Telling you, bro, the quality of the performances creates its own hype. You won't need to subsist off the hype of the media or shows, you'll feel the hype within you, bro. It's there, bro, just let it take you over. Watch a TakeOver, bro. You won't be disappointed.

I don't watch a lot of wrestling anymore - i mostly follow the big happenings and catch ppv's (or at least follow results if i'm not into the matches as much). I always get sucked in more during mania season. I simply have no interest in getting into NXT

They're all unknown wrestlers - who don't get a ton of exposure. It's just not something that fits my style.

Not trying to disrespect the brand or wrestlers - i've heard enough to sincerely believe they're doing a fantastic job there, but it's just not for me.

Becky has been getting so much attention and reactions since her turn at Summerslam - i'm fully into that. I love Bryan (again - mostly off the reactions he first got in 2013) and have loved his heel turn. You don't get that level of overness in NXT, so it's not the same.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Voted Gargano/Almas. Just an unreal match that i have rewatched multiple times. Honorable mention has to go to Ricochet vs. Cole. Masterclass. @Jussi mentioned it above.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Gargano-Black was my pick but the Almas match was awesome. Johnny has had an amazing year in the ring without winning many of his biggest matches.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't watch a lot of wrestling anymore - i mostly follow the big happenings and catch ppv's (or at least follow results if i'm not into the matches as much). I always get sucked in more during mania season. I simply have no interest in getting into NXT

They're all unknown wrestlers - who don't get a ton of exposure. It's just not something that fits my style.

Not trying to disrespect the brand or wrestlers - i've heard enough to sincerely believe they're doing a fantastic job there, but it's just not for me.

Becky has been getting so much attention and reactions since her turn at Summerslam - i'm fully into that. I love Bryan (again - mostly off the reactions he first got in 2013) and have loved his heel turn. You don't get that level of overness in NXT, so it's not the same.
I don’t watch a lot either but NXT is must watch lol.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
El Oh El. NXT's often better than the main roster and to call these guys unknown is underselling it, but I absolve you of your sins...which leads me to my vote of Gargano-Black. Great lead-up to it and a great match.

Reactions: ColePens

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Gargano vs Almas. Phenomenal match. Just a hair above Gargano vs Ciampa for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad