HFBoards' Slammy Awards: Talker of the Year

Talker of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Toss up between Elias, who's gotten over almost entirely on his promos (the music did a lot for him), Becky who's attitude change put her over as the best thing on any show lately, and Joe who's consistently had the most badass promos every single time.

Joe would've won if he didn't miss so much time. Giving it to Becky.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Toss up between Elias, who's gotten over almost entirely on his promos (the music did a lot for him), Becky who's attitude change put her over as the best thing on any show lately, and Joe who's consistently had the most badass promos every single time.

Joe would've won if he didn't miss so much time. Giving it to Becky.

Becky hasn't had a memorable promo though. She was good on Twitter, had some good "pop lines', but as you said, Elias has gotten over completely on his promos. He drew a once every 10 years level heat in a segment.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Becky hasn't had a memorable promo though. She was good on Twitter, had some good "pop lines', but as you said, Elias has gotten over completely on his promos. He drew a once every 10 years level heat in a segment.
Can't disagree, I gave it to Elias in another poll for the same reason. I feel as if Becky's promos are more real and less script and cheap heat. Her whole character seems more true to life than a wrestling character, unlike Elias who's a cheap heat machine (a well-oiled one, however). Maybe if there was a best character poll, I'd make that distinction and give it to Elias here, but Becky's promos, despite not being memorable, have come across as natural as the blue sky.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I just don't completely buy what Elias is selling as a talker. He drew cheap heat as a heel, and although he was very good at it, it still lacked some substance. His performance as a babyface has been lackluster since he can't go to the well of cheap heat.

Bryan and Joe on the other hand are just so real. The way they talk completely draw you in and have you listening to their every word.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bryan or Becky. Voted Bryan because of how tremendous he's been, albeit it's been for a short time. Still - significant enough. One of those 2 should win this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I really don’t think anyone has been so consistently good on the mic like Bryan has this year.

If Joe wasn’t hurt for about half the year, it’d be him.

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Joe has been the best in-ring talker for a while. Becky is probably the best overall personality when you bring her social media presence into the mix.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If we're taking into account social media it has to be Becky, but as far as in-ring mic work I'd still lean towards Miz.

At least until Jericho comes back. :laugh:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This was close to me between Becky and Joe but The Man ekes it out. Her Twitter presence has been amazing and her promo work since her turn just can't be beat.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Joe would be great if he'd win, like ever.

Becky's best promo was the one in Manchester....the "I'm not supposed to be here, but here I am" one.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Voted Ciampa. His promos are fire.

Lynch would have won, but it was a small portion of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad