Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Black for me.

Gargano, Ciampa, Dream, Black, Cole, Baszler and Sane all had great years

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Having a tough time choosing between Gargano, Black, Ciampa, and Adam Cole (bay-bay)

Gave it to Black. The DIY feud was by far the best thing in WWE this year, but Black was the king of every match and the badass despite being the babyface. Can't compete with that. I didn't feel Cole had the same dominance about him that Black did, but he consolidated himself as one of the baddest guys on the roster by starting the WarGames match himself. HHH would never do that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
NXT is so good, man. Literally anyone between Ciampa, Gargano, Cole, Ricochet, Black and Dream can win it imo.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
As I said in the match of the year thread...Gargano still had a brilliant year without having a lot of big wins. He just has brilliant matches and he's so fun to watch in the ring.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
As much as I love Aleister, I had to go with Ciampa here. White hot heat from the moment of his return and his current characterization of being the wrestling equivalent of Gollum clutching onto the NXT Championship is amazing.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Gargano. If you look at his big matches this year no other wrestler comes close. Pretty much a five star match every time versus numerous wrestlers. He is such a great story teller in the ring.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Could have gone to either Johnny or Ciampa but I went with Mr. TakeOver. Johnny had 5 star matches all year with 3 different people

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Ciampa and only Ciampa.
you guys are in love with twitter today. theis guy was pure savage all year against Gargano.

he even REFUSED to sell his shirt.
go read the NXT thread. we all hated him.

Gargano did have the best matches, but storyline it goes in hand with Tomasso's.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A bunch of guys had amazing 2018s in NXT, but I think Ciampa had one of those real special type of years.

You have an entrance with no music and get an entire arena to boo you for like 5 minutes straight, you are doing something extremely right.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I still fight for Gargano. Multiple 5 star matches with different opponents. And just when the white meat babyface gimmick was getting stale, he switches things up in a refreshing "i'm a hero to all these people" type of heel. Fantastic character work, fun promos, and flawless execution in the ring no matter who he works with.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
This one is really tough. I think Gargano is a small, but clear step above Ciampa in the ring. But everything else about Ciampa is just perfect. Bastard even got me to be one of the first people to get his shirt.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Johnny’s character getting lost for a little bit this year hurts when you have to pick someone in a poll like this. Especially compared to Ciampa who I think was just flawless this year.

Doesn’t mean Johnny didn’t have an amazing year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad