HFBoards NHL All-Time Draft, Take 2

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think it is down to Tim Cheveldae or Paul Ysebaert, not sure which one! Depends on if you need a goal once in awhile or a save once in awhile.

Joking aside I pick Steve Yzerman, although Jagr, Sakic and Bourque get honourable mention. As much as I love Lidstrom, Bourque is generally more my type of defender as he was pretty darn good at offence, defence and physicality which was the only thing Nick didn't have.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think the honest answer at this point has to be McDavid... But I guess we cannot which makes this exercise strange to me.

I mean you can go Jagr, Kharlamov or Richard. I think from an organizational standpoint I take Jean Beliveau more than likely at this point.

I mean you have the Stevie angle, I think all of us Wings fans are fine and likewise I would take The Captain over a few players already off the board. But that is more rose colored glasses, so final answer is probably Beliveau of the choices.

From a pure joy of watching and massive peak our old boy Fedorov is actually pretty high on this list in terms of pure top end performance, but I get it is premature in the bigger picture most will view this with. Actually a big part of Lindros depending on how we make this argument. Lindros is the best prospect I have seen in my lifetime to this day, I am not old enough to remember Gretzky and Lemieux at that stage, certainly remember a lot of their careers but just pure coming up I don't remember that like Lindros. It might not have worked out like everyone thought, but my God what I thought he could be, in the modern rules too... They might stretcher guys off nightly if you couldn't hook and hold Lindros the way they did. Such a monster.

Last edited:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Yzerman of course

Who else was briefly right up there with the first two guys here but him? Also good to see Lemieux get some love here by going first, in this hypothetical with perhaps no injuries I think he's probably even more era proof than Gretzky.

1653635470993.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark