GDT: HFBoards GDT 5/10/2021 | 9 games today , can't wait for the playoffs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
FWIW, the Lightning are expected to ice the first ever all black forward line. Mathieu Joseph, Gemel Smith, and NHL debut for Daniel Walcott.

Edit: they started the game too.

edit2: Probably the end of it, Joseph took a nasty stick to the face and is off. Looked woozy as well as pretty badly cut.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Calgary's playoff hopes rest on Mikko Koskinen.

5pcDXJR.gif

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
If I'm reading this right all first round playoff opponents can be determined tonight with the right results.

Vegas win
Boston a point or more
Winnipeg win
Montreal a point or more

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I’ll be at home soon, what match do you guys suggest watching as a neutral fan, like the most exciting game? Bolts vs Panthers?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There are a few fun chaos scenarios tonight:

1. Vancouver is officially eliminated unless they get at least an OT win (shootout win not good enough). If they’re tracking this correctly, they should pull their goalie in OT if it gets to that point

2. Islanders need a regulation win to pass Boston. They should be pulling their goalie late in a tie game to avoid OT

3. Lightning need a regulation win to earn home ice over the Panthers. They should also pull their goalie late in a tie game to avoid OT

how is OT good enough, but shoot out not? its 2 points still, unless there is some crazy tie breaking scenario im not aware of, or just completely lost

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
how is OT good enough, but shoot out not? its 2 points still, unless there is some crazy tie breaking scenario im not aware of, or just completely lost
ROW tiebreaker. Vancouver has to win their remaining seven games and at least six of them have to be in regulation. They can win one in OT. If it goes to shootout, they are done because then they can't catch Montreal.

Edit: actually, looks like they can win a game in the shootout and stay alive because the 4th tiebreaker is total wins. They need 6 RWs to tie Montreal in RWs (and ROWs).

Last edited:

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Bolts and Cats is very fast moving and chippy already. :eek:
The moment i turned the game on, Panthers score. Clearly a sign telling me to keep watching

Lol at Vatrano ripping the stick out of Bolts player hands and then just skating away and letting others do the rough stuff

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The moment i turned the game on, Panthers score. Clearly a sign telling me to keep watching lol

Lol at Vatrano ripping the stick out of Bolts player hands and then just skating away and letting others do the rough stuff

It was a pretty low energy game up until that moment and suddenly we've got Radko Gudas pushing smaller kids into lockers, so I think you tuned in at a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad