GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/3/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Go Rangers and go Panthers. I want some drama to end the season. East would be essentially set if the opposite happens.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tampa vs Boston will be a fantastic game. Loser probably ends up getting the Leafs

NHL has to fix this mess. Why heck are two teams that will finish top 7 in the league meeting in the first round of the playoffs?

If you go by conference, the #2 seed is facing the 4th seed in both the East and West. A wild card team like the Ducks might be getting an easier match up than the Jets who have 13 more points (Vegas is a wildcard team, you don't know if they'll be good or bad in the playoffs).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
NHL has to fix this mess. Why heck are two teams that will finish top 7 in the league meeting in the first round of the playoffs?

If you go by conference, the #2 seed is facing the 4th seed in both the East and West. A wild card team like the Ducks might be getting an easier match up than the Jets who have 13 more points (Vegas is a wildcard team, you don't know if they'll be good or bad in the playoffs).
It's a meh situation all round.
If we were to have the old format, we'd play Pittsburgh 1st round.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's a meh situation all round.
If we were to have the old format, we'd play Pittsburgh 1st round.

I am down for that, they are a better opponent than Tampa. Every single team that has won in recent years has had some heartbreaking playoff losses. No one became an overnight success and I don't expect the Leafs to do that either.

Blackhawks missed the playoffs a couple times, lost in the WCF before finally winning.
Kings lost in the first round twice, didn't make the playoffs a couple times before winning it all.
Boston lost quite a bit including choking a 3-0 series lead before winning it.
Pittsburgh lost to the Sens, a couple more exits, Finals loss before winning it.

Even Tampa who came close to winning it went from being a playoff team to a lottery team to a playoff team and losing in round 1 before they made the SCF.

I'd take facing Pittsburgh over Tampa. They have a lot of miles on them and someone has to beat them sooner or later.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I am down for that, they are a better opponent than Tampa. Every single team that has won in recent years has had some heartbreaking playoff losses. No one became an overnight success and I don't expect the Leafs to do that either.

Blackhawks missed the playoffs a couple times, lost in the WCF before finally winning.
Kings lost in the first round twice, didn't make the playoffs a couple times before winning it all.
Boston lost quite a bit including choking a 3-0 series lead before winning it.
Pittsburgh lost to the Sens, a couple more exits, Finals loss before winning it.

Even Tampa who came close to winning it went from being a playoff team to a lottery team to a playoff team and losing in round 1 before they made the SCF.

I'd take facing Pittsburgh over Tampa. They have a lot of miles on them and someone has to beat them sooner or later.

Pens lost to sens then lost in finals. Then won. No other exits in between.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
3-0 now. Hall with his second point of the night, up to 91 now in 75 games. Moves him into a tie with Kopitar for 6th in the league with 5 less games played.

The point streak(s) + the difference between him and the second highest point getter on his team should be enough for him to win the Hart.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Hall is the MVP IMO. Mackinnon has played himself out of the running,

1.Hall
2.Kutcherov
3.Kopitar

I give it to hall because he has less to work with than the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia