GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/17/19 - Happy St Patricks Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
You're saying the refs should blow the whistle when the puck isn't covered?
What even is reading comprehension? Theres no way where the ref is positioned that he has an eye one the puck. As soon as the ref loses sight of the puck in the crease the ref is supposed to blow the whistle.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
This Oilers announcer drives me nuts. I'm glad they called that a goal just because of him.
He was beyond dumb there... Why did the ref not blow the whistle?!?!?! Theres no way he had sight on it!! Mean while the ref was right there to clearly see the puck rolling in the crease...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But the goaltender was literally being hugged before the puck crossed the line. If it goes by him that is not goaltender interference? The puck has to be in front of him to be GI?
He was balancing himself from Russell driving him into the Edmonton goalie. And besides that point, the puck was already past the goalie.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
But the goaltender was literally being hugged before the puck crossed the line. If it goes by him that is not goaltender interference? The puck has to be in front of him to be GI?

It's a weird play because I think if Koskinen actually knew the puck got through him and tried to get it he wouldn't have been able to because Bellemare didn't attempt to move, but... Koskinen was oblivious.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He never had the puck, the puck was trickling through him. Koskinen sucks, another big contract that's going to haunt the oilers, I can't believe they gave him that contract for a good 10-20 game stretch.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
This Oilers announcer drives me nuts. I'm glad they called that a goal just because of him.
He drives Oilers fans nuts too. Can't believe how much of a stink he was making about that call, he's still going on about how Koskinen had the puck, he never did.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What even is reading comprehension? Theres no way where the ref is positioned that he has an eye one the puck. As soon as the ref loses sight of the puck in the crease the ref is supposed to blow the whistle.
What feed are you watching? The ref on the right side was behind the net and clearly had eyes on the puck as it was sliding between the 5-hole

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
He never had the puck, the puck was trickling through him. Koskinen sucks, another big contract that's going to haunt the oilers, I can't believe they gave him that contract for a good 10-20 game stretch.
I can believe it, the oafs that are still in charge and Peter Chiarelli add up to one of the worst management groups in sports history.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's a weird play because I think if Koskinen actually knew the puck got through him and tried to get it he wouldn't have been able to because Bellemare didn't attempt to move, but... Koskinen was oblivious.
What would you suggest he do with a defender driving him from behind and not leaving him any space to move? Crumble to the ice?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
What would you suggest he do with a defender driving him from behind and not leaving him any space to move? Crumble to the ice?

He had his arms on Koskinen well after he was engaged with Russell.

Reactions: Yeah15

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
He was balancing himself from Russell driving him into the Edmonton goalie. And besides that point, the puck was already past the goalie.

But not across the line.

I can accept that was a goal, but I don't know what GI is because it's such a subjective thing. It's kind of like the catch rule in the NFL from last year and before. It's almost like they make it up as they go along. I was just wanted to get a clear definition of what GI was, that if the puck is already by the goaltender the goaltender can be mugged and it's not GI. That's how I saw that play.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But not across the line.
But it was far beyond the point that Koskinen could've realistically stopped it. I could buy it if we saw Koskinen trying to turn his pads to sweep it out of the crease but he didn't. He didn't have eyes on it and as such his ability to stop the puck was not impeded.

Oh and if he tried a pad sweep out he likely would've sped the puck up into the net anyway.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I feel like it shouldn't have been a goal but koskinen literally had no idea whats going on. He thought he had it but he didnt and the contact didnt cause that. Had he made an effort to cover the lose puck, any attempt with bellemere there that goal would not counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad