GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/1/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
If that was a pass to his teammate, that would have been a clear offsides. But since it was a pass to himself, it wasn't? Since when is a self pass when you clearly lose possession of the puck the same as skating with it (as if it was skating in backwards)?

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Its offsides but its payback for the Penguin closing his hand over the puck in the crease and stopping a goal
Please show the clear evidence of that play, because from everything they showed on the broadcast it was pushed outside of the blue paint to the side of the net.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What was Malkin doing?
Hate the pens, but Malkin did everything humanly possible to try to win that thing at other end. He was just absolutely totally utterly gassed. It happens. Like all the time in OT situations.

He manhandled Risto to force turnover and then a few seconds later rocked a shot off the post. Dude was going hard.

That said. **** him. Glad he lost.

You knew it would be sheary too. Just cosmically, had to be the dude who used to play for them. Especially after Pens had like 4 point-blank chances to end it right before

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He basically pushed the puck over the blue line and chased it. Clear offside in my opinion.
Only way I think this goal stands is because it has to be a different entry, otherwise that call is trash.

Didn't see the play, but if he pushed the puck over the blue line, wouldn't that constitute possession and thus not be offside?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017

Ovie would have broken Gretzky's record had he played back then

This is a ridiculous argument.

You can't compare the different eras. Way to many things different. Travel, sticks, goalie style, health regiment, coaching style, ice, arenas in general (I believe old Boston Gardens and Chicago Stadium were different sizes). It's just too too crazy to try and say so-and-so is better then so-and-so.

Reactions: bukwas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad