GDT: HFBoards GDT: 29th, 30th and 31st January | Yeah I crammed them all togeather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Don’t really see the hype about the Wings.

No hype. But it's pretty cool how they quickly surpassed the "up and coming, Ottawa Senators" in both the rebuild and at winning.

One team fighting for a playoff slot while the other is hoping to lose for a top draft selection.

Wings are just glad to finally be climbing out of the bottomless sewer. It's cold and stinky down there, and Ottawa smells like a corpse.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No hype. But it's pretty cool how they quickly surpassed the "up and coming, Ottawa Senators" in both the rebuild and at winning.

One team fighting for a playoff slot while the other is hoping to lose for a top draft selection.

Wings are just glad to finally be climbing out of the bottomless sewer. It's cold and stinky down there, and Ottawa smells like a corpse.

Really? I guess I missed tonight’s winning.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Careful, at this rate y'all might be drafting 5th overall. Must be exciting times for you Senator fans!!

I wouldn’t mind a 5th overall pick over narrowly missing the playoffs.

If only we could play Detroit another 15 times, maybe we’d be leading the Eastern Conference.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

How short is your memory?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Looks like all your hopes and dreams are about to come true. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

OTT continues to develop players for other teams.

Detroit has also developed players for other teams, they just aren't very good.

I'm sure Filip Zadina, Riley Sheahan, Anthony Mantha, Evgeny Svechnikov, Dennis Cholowski, Thomas Jurco and Tyler Bertuzzi are going to break out in a massive way any day now.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Detroit has also developed players for other teams, they just aren't very good.

I'm sure Filip Zadina, Riley Sheahan, Anthony Mantha, Evgeny Svechnikov, Dennis Cholowski, Thomas Jurco and Tyler Bertuzzi are going to break out in a massive way any day now.
Great point! And why they're not with the organization, allowing the Wings to pass Ottawa in the rebuild.

Staying stagnant doesn't sound very appealing. But as long as your happy and feel safe with your team's current position, then that's what matters!

Promoting a losing culture doesn't seem to be in Yzerman's game plan.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great point! And why they're not with the organization, allowing the Wings to pass Ottawa in the rebuild.

Staying stagnant doesn't sound very appealing. But as long as your happy and feel safe with your team's current position, then that's what matters!

Promoting a losing culture doesn't seem to be in Yzerman's game plan.

Don't look now, but looks like you are hyping the Wings after all.

I don't see it. Detroit is 4th in the league in PDO. It's only a matter of time.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Watch out Quinn Hughes, Vlasic with three goals in three consecutive games! Five in nine.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Don't look now, but looks like you are hyping the Wings after all.

I don't see it. Detroit is 4th in the league in PDO. It's only a matter of time.

If by hyping them means acknowledging they are significantly better than perennial bottom dwellers like Ottawa, which is a low bar to set, then yes... I am hyping them.

If I say they are a sure fire going to make the playoffs, then wouldn't that be hyping? Wings hold their own fate. Who knows if they are there yet. But they certainly ain't bottom feeders (is that me hyping them?)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If by hyping them means acknowledging they are significantly better than perennial bottom dwellers like Ottawa, which is a low bar to set, then yes... I am hyping them.

If I say they are a sure fire going to make the playoffs, then wouldn't that be hyping? Wings hold their own fate. Who knows if they are there yet. But they certainly ain't bottom feeders (is that me hyping them?)

I mean, if Ottawa is such a bad team, why can’t Detroit beat them with any kind of regularity?

This is the issue I have with your line of argument.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I mean, if Ottawa is such a bad team, why can’t Detroit beat them with any kind of regularity?

This is the issue I have with your line of argument.

I was going to point out the Sabres have your number... but then I realized that argument doesn't hold water because Buff is also a better hockey franchise than OTT is.

Wings losing to a bottom feeder is no excuse! But somehow, it doesn't change the fact that your team is still in the sludgiest part of standings (as they are every year), and Wings are now tied for a wildcard. Wings fate is for them to decide. OTT fate is: are they drafting #2 or #5 overall, and who are they selling at TDL?

Wings are tied 2-2 with Boston Bruins in a season series. Bruins suck! amirite? If Wings do make the playoffs, their likely opponent is Boston, not Ottawa. Thank the good lord for that. ;-D

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was going to point out the Sabres have your number... but then I realized that argument doesn't hold water because they're also a better hockey franchise than OTT is.

The Sabres are 5-5 against Ottawa over their last ten. Detroit is 2-8 against Ottawa.

Your argument doesn't hold water because it's a bad argument.

Dotter said:
Wings losing to a bottom feeder is no excuse! But somehow, it doesn't change the fact that your team is still in the sludgiest part of standings (as they are every year), and Wings are still tied for a wildcard. Wings fate is for them to decide. OTT fate is: are they drafting #2 or #5 overall?

I think a fun scenario would be Ottawa drafting #2 and Detroit missing the post-season.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The Sabres are 5-5 against Ottawa over their last ten. Detroit is 2-8 against Ottawa.

Your argument doesn't hold water because it's a bad argument.

I think a fun scenario would be Ottawa drafting #2 and Detroit missing the post-season.

Last 10 games. LMAO! Wings record is 34-29 against OTT. See I can cherry pick too.

Drafting #2 is fun. I'm sure some team in the NHL would appreciate you developing this player real nice, and getting him ready for them. Mark Stone can be the inspiration for that #2 pick's future.

-"See son, you can play for a crap team for 7 years and develop, then you can go on to play for a real hockey team and win a cup someday!" -

You're really hanging on to an OT win like you really have something. Your knuckles are gonna start bleeding hanging on so tight.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Alex Debrincat only has one goal in his last 9 games? And 9 in his last 40?

What the heck happened?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You're really hanging on to an OT win like you really have something. Your knuckles are gonna start bleeding hanging on so tight.

You’re right, it’s definitely unhinged to talk about the game that just happened in the game day thread for that day.

• Haha
Reactions: Flamingo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad