GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Do exactly what Maroon did tonight. That's how almost any fight happens these days. You get a few people who cry on an internet message board and move on.

Or maybe the other Oilers knew how ridiculous it was themselves, and only felt obliged because it's their franchise player who is upset after the game which in honesty as a team you can't have.

Maroon did exactly what Kassian tried to do last game. Again, Manning wimped out last game. Props for answering the bell, although it should have been done earlier if he insisted on opening his mouth.

Luckily the Oilers have grown into a pretty tight knit group. They've all stood up for each other throughout the season. From the looks of it, it's not only an obligation to defend each other, but they take pride in it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With Maroon, it's whatever. Dude was nowhere to be seen in Philly. Manning is a defenseman who puts his team at a big disadvantage when he takes himself off the ice for 5 minutes, and was playing much better (as was everyone else) at the time.

Zack Kassian "asked 3 times" is horse crap. That's part of his job, go take care of your business.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
With Maroon, it's whatever. Dude was nowhere to be seen in Philly. Manning is a defenseman who puts his team at a big disadvantage when he takes himself off the ice for 5 minutes, and was playing much better (as was everyone else) at the time.

Zack Kassian "asked 3 times" is horse crap. That's part of his job, go take care of your business.

So just jump him, and get suspended? Solid logic

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

In one post you say Manning didn't fight because the Flyers were trying to win. In another you seem to imply Kassian (or any Oiler) should have jumped him, while ignoring the Oilers were trying to win the game.

Your narrative that Maroon was too chicken to fight in Philadelphia is just wrong. Again, he has more fights on the road this season.

None of this would have happened if Manning had kept his mouth shut. And if the fight had happened in November this all would be forgotten by now. He fought tonight and the players seem to have moved on.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Why wouldn't that count? Looked to me like Toffoli pushed the puck in, not Smith? I'm watching with the game on mute so I'm no doubt missing something here.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That is the worst rule in hockey. Either have reviews or don't.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was a brutal call, on top of bushleague netminding from Budaj, with two softies in a row.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
When McDavid said he did? I don't see any reason why McDavid would have made it up.

that kind of smack talk happens a lot. if McDavid gets worked up over Manning said "I am going to get you again kid" then he needs to grow a pair. McDavid is a world class talent but he needed thicker skin in that situation. He should also know what is said on the ice stays on the ice especially when Manning didn't cross the line with name calling of a certain nature.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
They said the whistle blew.

Didn't sound like it to me. But the Kings lost this game. They should be tied 2-2 at worst. Giving up four goals, especially those last two bad goals, just isn't going to cut it. Bad calls are just salt in the wound.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
lol FSN showing a replay where the whistle blows a full two seconds after the Kings knocked the puck in on that play.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Kings feed just confirmed that the whistle hadn't blown. Too bad. Bad call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad