GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/14/16 | Awwwww 4 teams, 2 dates... so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
This was one of those games where had it been in the playoffs, you'd have a ton of fans of the sports talk radio variety shitting on Grubauer tomorrow because he "got outplayed by their guy".

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fleury kind of stole one, but considering Vegas was tired and how they've played against weaker teams, have to credit the team's overall performance. Gutsy win all around but Fleury the star tonight.

Reactions: Devonator

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Unlike the Simek interference that wasn't called that Sharks fans call outmuscling, I do think in that case, Toews simply outmuscled his man.
At least stephenson had the puck, it looked more like his legs were taken out.

Didnt effect the outcome atleast, fleury was good.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
f*** that. Grubauer had a great game. Made a number of great saves.
I agree, but people bring up this ridiculous logic all the time lol. Especially if the goalie in question has looked shaky in the playoffs before. Looking at the actual performance goes out of the window and suddenly the offense putting up a stinker means your own goalie was outplayed and "didn't find a way to get it done".

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Stephenson has looked pretty good. Didn't expect that.
He's looked surprisingly good since game 1 with Vegas tbh, but I never would have guessed he'd look this solid. I compared him into the past as the Steve Rucchin to Kariya/Selanne. Keeps the play moving and doesn't drag the talented players back but not a true 1c.

I won't rush and say he's suddenly found a 1c in his game or anything like that but he's definitely hit a new level where he's found active synergy with the chemistry of Pacioretty and Stone and he does a lot more than just keep the play moving. With Cody Glass' game starting to pick up to where it should've been with proper development last year, some people want Glass to take Stephenson's spot now, but I don't know how you take him off that line the way he's been performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad