GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/12/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
So, you live in T.O...but are not a Leafs fan. How did that come about. Lol
I’m sure living Toronto you won’t be unfamiliar with Habs fans. And it stems from family usually doesn’t it?

Although since childhood, my brother has jumped ship to the leafs. It was the Chris Chelios trade that did it for him.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Weber missed a giant portion of the season too. Vincent Trocheck came back from having his leg practically having his leg snapped off and didn’t need 25 games to warm up.

How come no leaf fan accuses me of not watching games when I praise Marner and state he’s still underrated league wide.

How come I’m never accused of not watching leaf games when I’ve argued here many times that Rielly is not only capable, but excellent in his own zone.

How come leaf fans never accuse me of not watching games when I argue here that Andersen is undoubtedly a Vezina calibre goalie.

Or when I praise Tavares consistency and professionalism. Or when I praise Kapanen’s extraordinary compete level.

Do I get those opinions from not watching too?

Dont paint us all with the same brush man. I for one appreciate reading your comments. You seem to be one of the few posters that give the Leafs and other teams a fair shake.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Weber missed a giant portion of the season too. Vincent Trocheck came back from having his leg practically having his leg snapped off and didn’t need 25 games to warm up.

How come no leaf fan accuses me of not watching games when I praise Marner and state he’s still underrated league wide.

How come I’m never accused of not watching leaf games when I’ve argued here many times that Rielly is not only capable, but excellent in his own zone.

How come leaf fans never accuse me of not watching games when I argue here that Andersen is undoubtedly a Vezina calibre goalie.

Or when I praise Tavares consistency and professionalism. Or when I praise Kapanen’s extraordinary compete level.

i think you're missing a lot what nylander brings, points aside, he turns over pucks and pushes pace, he makes the other team work to get the puck back, heck tonight he only had the one point but he set up like 3-4 amazing chances. avs player were chasing him all night long, and he was skating circles around them.

nylander really opens up the game, and playing 3rd line and putting up 1st line production in that last little stretch i still amazing.

Reactions: Mitchy

Mar 26, 2010
I’m sure living Toronto you won’t be unfamiliar with Habs fans. And it stems from family usually doesn’t it?

Although since childhood, my brother has jumped ship to the leafs. It was the Chris Chelios trade that did it for him.
I am from Montreal, but living in Toronto...Leaf fan lol.

Reactions: koyvoo and La Masse

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Leafs were owned at 5v5 scoring chances and high danger scoring chances, but a much better goalie and much better and potent offence one us the game.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Dont paint us all with the same brush man. I for one appreciate reading your comments. You seem to be one of the few posters that give the Leafs and other teams a fair shake.
I agree and appreciate that.

It’s just funny that if my opinions on 7-8 of the leafs high profile players are extremely positive, no one says I must not be watching but if I have a negative opinion on 2 of them, it must mean I don’t watch.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec

It’s just funny that if my opinions on 7-8 of the leafs high profile players are extremely positive, no one says I must not be watching but if I have a negative opinion on 2 of them, it must mean I don’t watch.

Negativity always attracts more attention the positivity lol especially with so many Leaf fans on this board

Reactions: koyvoo

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

It was probably your sarcasm that set people off lol. That said, it’s been pretty obvious that Nylander has been playing much better lately. Also, you’re on HF, do you really have high expectations for posters? It’s like 70% garbage usually haha.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ok Vegas and Zona need to avoid OT, and every game tonight will end in regulation.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Sabres were clearly inspired by the grit and determination I showed by traveling 9 hours on a bus through a storm to get to the game. They would not let me down!

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO

How come no leaf fan accuses me of not watching games when I praise Marner and state he’s still underrated league wide?

How come I’m never accused of not watching leaf games when I’ve argued here many times that Rielly is not only capable, but excellent in his own zone?

How come leaf fans never accuse me of not watching games when I argue here that Andersen is undoubtedly a Vezina calibre goalie?

Ugh look at trocheck now, feeling the effect. Weber is a dman that don't depend on fluidity and stamina, he isn't a Puck carrier, his shots will get him points. Guys like Nylander need time to get their timing down. So yeah if your looking at points then no he isn't killing it but when you see willy play now compared to before then you can see he is not taking that extra split second to make a plays and I still think he has another level yet. What a lot of leaf fans don't like is the mob of poster that all of a sudden view him as having negative value. I saw an Ian Mitchell talk where toronto needed to throw in Nylander, like wtf Ian effin Mitchell is now his value to some poster.

As for coming back strong, look at Mathews, always comes back strong but then struggles after a few games. If weber was a Reilly type dmen I can in my thinking almost guarantee he would be struggling with points. It's a known fact among all the pro sports leagues that when you miss start of the season, it will affect your ability for some times, some all season in some sports.

As for the rest of your post, why would anyone challenge you on them types of post, it ain't just leafs fan either. You can praise others things and still get called out on others. just cuz you say u like certain leafs players don't mean shiet. Cuz when you then go shit on other leaf players and people hit you up, now your acting surprise. If you really watch these games with out bias then you would of notice the difference in play, but your bias got the better of you.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ugh look at trocheck now, feeling the effect. Weber is a dman that don't depend on fluidity and stamina, he isn't a Puck carrier, his shots will get him points. If your looking at points then no he isn't killing it but when you see willy play now compared to before then you can see he is not taking that extra split second to make a play and I still think he has another level yet.

As for coming back strong, look at Mathews, always comes back strong but then struggles after a few games. If weber was a Reilly type dmen I can in my thinking almost guarantee he would be struggling with points. It's a known fact among all the pro sports leagues that when you miss start of the season, it will affect your ability for some times, some all season in some sports.

As for the rest of your post, why would anyone challenge you on them types of post, it ain't just leafs fan either. You can praise others things and still get called out on others. just cuz you say u like certain leafs players don't mean shiet. Cuz when you then go **** on other leaf players and people hit you up, now your acting surprise. If you really watch these games then you would of notice the difference in play, but your bias got the better of yourself.
On the Matthews point I’ve said many times that I have to assume that him carrying an injury has to be a possibility.

As to the other point of the reaction of fans here, I agree it’s an HF thing in general and a leafs fan thing. I’ve also said numerous times when people suggest that leaf fans are (anything negative) that it’s not leaf fans, it’s HF fans and that here, all fanbases are pretty much the same.

But in real life I’m surrounded by leaf fans, from coworkers to family to friends to neighbors and the conversations with them are markedly different than they are here.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Yotes were one of the hottest teams down the stretch last season, had a solid start this season, and caught the injury gremlin. Them picking up steam isn't *that* surprising. Not any more than, say, the Avs falling off a cliff, or the recent streaks by Philly and Chicago. The Caps barely managed 20 shots tonight. Tampa missed the playoffs completely a couple years ago with the basically the same roster that went to game 7 of the ECF*

*except for...injuries

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports2132019.png

Plus, congrats to the Lady Terriers on their first Beanpot win since 1981 and first as a varsity program. Outstanding game overall.

2019 Beanpot Final vs. Harvard - Photo Galleries - Boston University Athletics

Reactions: Trizz617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA