GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/11/2024 | Once again all the cool teams don't play today and that includes the superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
3 games in 4 days, two of which were afternoon starts.

2-1-1 road trip so far. Good teams find a way. I’d like to see a meter for that.
They have one, it’s called league standings. The only meter they matters

It’s a shame you can only ice one goalie at a time lol.

Luckily USA is deep at every position these days, for the first time ever probably.
Big brain idea, pull a skater for the extra goalie :sarcasm:

Reactions: Red

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
It's a good team that can beat any team on any given night. But it's not an elite team unless Mcdavid goes nuclear every single night.

But Vancouver is? Come on
You guys have to pile up your posts to agree with each other!! Such insecurity but I guess that comes from not winning. EVER.
By the way we played like shit last 3 games but were certainly not 'dominated'.
You guys spouting off after an OT win against Washington, and 1 regulation win in last 5 is priceless.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
You guys have to pile up your posts to agree with each other!! Such insecurity but I guess that comes from not winning. EVER.
You guys spouting off after an OT win against Washington, and 1 regulation win in last 5 is priceless.
Oof. Sorry if you're having a bad day there bud.

Nobody here is proclaiming that as a good game, quite the opposite (3rd games in 4 days tend to look like that). But elite teams do what the Canucks just did; take care of business. My point stands - last night, Mcdavid has an off game, Oilers shut down. Meanwhile Pettersson is having an off season and the Canucks still pile up wins with depth scoring, elite goaltending and a deep defense.

And your last point is a little muted when Vancouver leads the league in regulation wins easily. Including 3 nice ones against a certain divisional opponent.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
We’ve seen Edmonton when McDavid isn’t 100%, that was what? 2-9-1? It’s not that far fetched that he needs to be 100% for that team to have success.

Side Note: neither Edmonton nor Vancouver are elite teams in this league

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
We’ve seen Edmonton when McDavid isn’t 100%, that was what? 2-9-1? It’s not that far fetched that he needs to be 100% for that team to have success.

Which teams are? As far as I can see this is the most open the League has ever been, another reason to go all in.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Which teams are? As far as I can see this is the most open the League has ever been, another reason to go all in.
Teams with sustained success and have proven to be good in the regular season

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So the teams that are at the top of the standings? Okay that makes a lot of sense then……
Year after year yes, being a good team for 2/3rds of a single season doesn’t make you elite

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well hopefully the Canucks will someday live up to your strict standards….is there some sort of ceremony to anoint the chosen ones?
Usually making it into the playoffs is the ceremony

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Oof. Sorry if you're having a bad day there bud.

Nobody here is proclaiming that as a good game, quite the opposite (3rd games in 4 days tend to look like that). But elite teams do what the Canucks just did; take care of business. My point stands - last night, Mcdavid has an off game, Oilers shut down. Meanwhile Pettersson is having an off season and the Canucks still pile up wins with depth scoring, elite goaltending and a deep defense.

And your last point is a little muted when Vancouver leads the league in regulation wins easily. Including 3 nice ones against a certain divisional opponent.

You honestly think your team is elite after half a year of being at the top? That's a serious reach my friend

No argument here. After 8 years team is still average without McD. Even on fire they are not elite. Maybe with additions but not now

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I believe when Vegas is healthy, they are surefire elite. In my mind, being elite has no historical dimension to it, it's the probability to win games on any given night given the amount of talent and other aggregate factors that the team ices.
So even if Vancouver's 49-17-8 record only dates back to last year. A +71 differential the last ~75 games under Tocchet is considered pretty "elite" in my books.

Reactions: Szechwan

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I believe when Vegas is healthy, they are surefire elite. In my mind, being elite has no historical dimension to it, it's the probability to win games on any given night given the amount of talent and other aggregate factors that the team ices.
So even if Vancouver's 49-17-8 record only dates back to last year. A +71 differential the last ~75 games under Tocchet is considered pretty "elite" in my books.

The Canucks have had an elite run. That doesn't make them an elite team IMO. They are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad