GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/10/20 | 6 games today , Wash/NYI should be the one to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
NHL 10-1.JPG
NHL 10-2.JPG

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
100% chance Ovi gets #700 versus us.

The Isles are the best in the league at giving up records/first goals/milestones. Book it.

Reactions: FourRings

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’ll be watching the Panthers at Flyers and Tampa in Columbus with an eye on the Islanders at Washington.....hopefully blender mixes up the playoff races a little more.

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019

The Isles are the best in the league at giving up records/first goals/milestones. Book it.

Sharks would like a word. Can some stat wizard do a crunch 'cos i swear every goal-less player seems to get that monkey off their back at the Shark tank. This isn't a pop at Jones either, this trend goes back into the Nabby days.

Flames tonight, u guys got any goal-less rookies u want to call up, now is the time...

Go Sharks! No Couture, no Hurtl, no problem! Aaron 'got the moves like Hasek' Dell got this! Swiss Bank got another 3 goals to deposit tonight.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Sharks would like a word. Can some stat wizard do a crunch 'cos i swear every goal-less player seems to get that monkey off their back at the Shark tank. This isn't a pop at Jones either, this trend goes back into the Nabby days.

Flames tonight, u guys got any goal-less rookies u want to call up, now is the time...

Go Sharks! No Couture, no Hurtl, no problem! Aaron 'got the moves like Hasek' Dell got this! Swiss Bank got another 3 goals to deposit tonight.

... Literally every team's fans say this shit about their team.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
... Literally every team's fans say this **** about their team.

This Islanders fan thinks there's some truth to it. Maybe not major records but we seem to have an affinity for ensuring that a player's first NHL goal is against us. If I wasn't so lazy I could probably put together a good ten minute youtube clip filled with moments like "And John Never-to-be-heard-From-Again Nobody scores his first goal against the NY Islanders" or "He'll be back in the minors after tonight but at least he gets his first goal against the NY Islanders".

It's bizarre. Some of us scan lineups on game-day looking for players making their debuts just to see the guaranteed goal we're giving up...

Reactions: PWJunior

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
... Literally every team's fans say this **** about their team.

I think someone said that the Islanders gave up two 700th goals.

Searching the internet... and yep, Gretzky's and Jagr's. 2 of the 7.

....... Which probably means its not going to happen tonight since I just jinxed it.

Last edited:

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I think someone said that the Islanders gave up two 700th goals.

Searching the internet... and yep, Gretzky's and Jagr's. 2 of the 7.

....... Which probably means its not going to happen tonight since I just jinxed it.
Also Dionne.

3 of the last 5 to reach 700 did it against an Islanders goalie. The other two did it against future Islanders goalies.

Reactions: tenken00

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Committed to Panthers vs Flyers early game.

Stuck between Calgary vs San Jose and Nashville vs Vancouver for the late. Wish there wasn’t score updates during broadcast but nevermind.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Haven’t credited it to anybody yet in the arena. ESPN hasn’t either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad