GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Aren't you a Jets fan?

You don't have to be an affiliated team fan to respect a honest, very well managed, very well coached team. Team being the word of the day. Addition by subtraction has done done wonders for the Isles. And I respect this and the Isles fans. 33-16-6 is all you need to know.

Reactions: Lshap

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
5 1-goal games, a 55 save performance, and an OT barn burner in Nashville which featured a wild 3rd period and a hat trick

Good day of hockey

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Sounds like a safe bet

upload_2019-2-10_20-57-27.jpeg

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
If the Leafs PP could score different game.. looks like Andersen going to have to play more down the stretch than Babcock would have liked..
If the Leafs had heart, grit, and a PP, they would be a contender. Alas, they're not.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If the Leafs had heart, grit, and a PP, they would be a contender. Alas, they're not.

You can be the grittiest team ever and if you can’t score, you still lose.

You can’t win a Cup solely on intangibles. If so, the '87 Flyers would have won the Cup going away,

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You’re bitter about it I see. :laugh:

Just tread carefully when that interim tag is removed and the pace slows down because the go-to play is to constantly accuse the players of either being selfish or being a quitter.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It is one game. The goalie stole on for them as Anderson has done for us on occasion.

From what I can tell the Rangers didn’t exactly outmuscle, outtough, outgrit, outheart the Leafs.

Even the 1 goal scored required a wicked snipe off the post.

Basically Georgeiv Halak had an out of body experience.

I think intangibles, while crucial, are not end all be all.

Outside of the 2011 Bruins and 2007 Ducks, how many other teams loaded up on grit have won the Cup since the lockout?

This isn’t the Dead Puck era- skill does matter since the game apparently is opening up again.

Hot goalies happen.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
From what I can tell the Rangers didn’t exactly outmuscle, outtough, outgrit, outheart the Leafs.

I agree, he was amazing and what can I say, he stole the game. Hats off to him!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

I think intangibles, while crucial, are not end all be all.

Outside of the 2011 Bruins and 2007 Ducks, how many other teams loaded up on grit have won the Cup since the lockout?

This isn’t the Dead Puck era- skill does matter since the game apparently is opening up again.

Hot goalies happen.
Of course skill matters. But in the playoffs, things are locked down, not opened up. And, grit and determination is often the difference between winning and losing, especially in the playoffs.

I've not seen the Leafs win a game in that manner all season. They play pond hockey, and when contact is required, they shrivel up. Yes, they have a very good record and possess a powerful offensive skill set. But that's not going to get it done in the playoffs. There are multiple teams in the east that would beat them in round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad