GDT: HFBoards GDT 12/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Peg and Bolts is the best game. I really hate to say go Peg-but it must be.

Devs/Rags and Pens/Leafs is the contender for #2 on the night.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Three consecutive shots as well I think? 11:50, 24:07, 26:17.

EDIT: Just checked, yeah, Blues had first three shots 0:16, 07:56 and 11:49, and then those three shots that each scored.

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Hope that the attendance situation is as bad as it looks. This organization has been doing nothing but trying to milk every last penny providing a mediocre product ever since Mike Illitch took a back seat.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Was just going to say this. Scary !!
Why is it scary? I paid 500 bucks usd for two lower bowel tickets + parking and food the night before American Thanksgiving, and watched a lethargic, poorly coached, and flat out bad hockey team get embarrassed.

I’m not going to do it again this season, and can’t fault anyone who does the same. This team doesn’t deserve any fan’s money. Heck, given the weather, traffic, and huge amount of other options of stuff to do in 2017, I doubt I’d even go if the tickets were free. And spare me the fair weather fan bullshit. Sports are supposed to be a distraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christien

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So...i know Philly fans said Schenn was streaky.....he is considered "generational" while streaking? He's like 2ppg when he's hot :laugh:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Afternoon game and lots of empty seats in Detroit again.

Oddly looking online for tickets the other day there weren't many good seats available for purchase. They apparently sold. So either people are buying tickets and not going or people are partying in the concourse (as I think Wings media stated - and a few people on this forum who actually attended games said there were lots of people in the concourse).

I have not been to LCA (yet), so I cannot say how accurate any of this information is.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Oddly looking online for tickets the other day there weren't many good seats available for purchase. They apparently sold. So either people are buying tickets and not going or people are partying in the concourse (as I think Wings media stated - and a few people on this forum who actually attended games said there were lots of people in the concourse).

I have not been to LCA (yet), so I cannot say how accurate any of this information is.

It’s true, to an extent at least, but Illitch Holdings is almost certainly still buying back some of the tickets at gate close. You can walk up and get tickets to any Wings game.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
It’s true, to an extent at least, but Illitch Holdings is almost certainly still buying back some of the tickets at gate close. You can walk up and get tickets to any Wings game.

Fair enough. But I doubt they are going to take the good tickets offline 48 to 72 hours before puck drop. that would reject all the potential last minute spontaneous buyers. I wouldn't drive to LCA if the website says there's no good seats left 3 days prior.

But you could be right. Who knows. It just seems odd. There's empty seats yet you cannot purchase those seats online. And I am sure online is the biggest way everyone sells tickets. Why remove them off the ticket websites?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ticket prices are up probably 150% because of the new area to watch one of the worst teams in the league. They shouldn't be surprised at all that it's empty.

... With any luck it'll push ownership to gut the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad