GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/5/19 - 9 games more than 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ultimate Pielord

Why yes, I am a nerd
Dec 5, 2019
The Wild have been struggling against Devan Dubnyk's -12.76 5v5 goals above expected (2nd worst in the league, behind Blackwood). They're still pretty much the same as they've always been, though their offence is less dynamic witghout Granlund/Nino, the team still lets up the 2nd fewest score-and-venue-adjusted xGA/60 in the league. With team defence like that, they can go pretty far with even passable goaltending.

The Ultimate Pielord

Why yes, I am a nerd
Dec 5, 2019
Also: with no adjustment, all situations, the Wild would have a goal differential of +14 with league average goaltending. That would be tied with Philadelphia for 6th in the league. Their current situation is 100% on the goaltending.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Wild have been struggling against Devan Dubnyk's -12.76 5v5 goals above expected (2nd worst in the league, behind Blackwood). They're still pretty much the same as they've always been, though their offence is less dynamic witghout Granlund/Nino, the team still lets up the 2nd fewest score-and-venue-adjusted xGA/60 in the league. With team defence like that, they can go pretty far with even passable goaltending.

Judging by their performances this year, I don't think Granlund or Nino would do much to improve the dynamic, or lack there of, nature of our offense.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Lucic and Reider have both scored tonight.

Flames officially best team in the league.

The Ultimate Pielord

Why yes, I am a nerd
Dec 5, 2019
Judging by their performances this year, I don't think Granlund or Nino would do much to improve the dynamic, or lack there of, nature of our offense.

Don't look now, but the Wild are tied with the Jets for 12th in 5v5 GF. Not especially great, but not bad for a team with quite possibly the best defence in the league. Score adjustments break that tie in favour of the Jets but don't otherwise change their spot. They are outperforming their xGF by a bit, but they have a couple guys (like Dumba and, weirdly, Suter) that have some history of driving goals for better than expected goals for, so it's not that unsustainable. This team's offence is essentially average, which is pretty good when you pair it with a league-best defence.

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
All glory to the refs on this night. Love it when they call a hold out of what was a hook by the other team. Beautiful work as always.

Reactions: hn777

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Tobias Reider scores SH and Lucic scores on you. That is what I call hitting rock bottom

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Weak penalty call in OT for Dallas, not at all surprised though.

What? Morrissey clearly grabbed Pavelski's stick, which is literally its own penalty. There were some bad calls and missed calls in this game, but that was definitely not one of them.

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
What? Morrissey clearly grabbed Pavelski's stick, which is literally its own penalty. There were some bad calls and missed calls in this game, but that was definitely not one of them.
It's because he was hooked and was politely removing the offending players stick from his arm :-p

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad