GDT: HFBoards GDT 12/5/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Lol that puck was definitely out of the zone. Good job linesmen.

Not only does Colorado get screwed, they get a penalty too.

Tag-up rule tho. All the Sabres tagged up before Larsson played the puck in the offensive zone. The refs actually got that one right.

Reactions: Joey Banana

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Pretty clearly tagged up. Correct call after review. Avs coach rushed to challenge because the puck came out but they didn’t realize both Sabres tagged up.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Tag-up rule tho. All the Sabres tagged up before Larsson played the puck in the offensive zone. The refs actually got that one right.

The thing is the Avs have been screwed over by this rule on either side of it. Earlier in the season there was a goal against where an Avs player basically did a sweeping motion and the puck ended up in their zone despite an opposing player being in the zone (which would've been offside). He scored, and it counted since the refs determined the Avs "entered" their zone with "control". If that's the case than he had control. He deliberately moved the puck into the zone while there were Sabres players in the zone. It seems that the rule is used in whatever way the NHL wants rather than there being concrete definitions of "controlled zone entry".

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
83.3 If, during the course of the delayed off-side, any member of the attacking team touches the puck, attempts to gain possession of a loose puck, forces the defending puck carrier further back into his own zone, or who is about to make physical contact with the defending puck carrier, the Linesman shall stop play for the off-side violation.

not sure how you can argue that he didnt attempt to gain possession

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
83.3 If, during the course of the delayed off-side, any member of the attacking team touches the puck, attempts to gain possession of a loose puck, forces the defending puck carrier further back into his own zone, or who is about to make physical contact with the defending puck carrier, the Linesman shall stop play for the off-side violation.

not sure how you can argue that he didnt attempt gain possession

Is that if the puck is in the zone though? The puck comes out of the zone, Larsson whacks the puck in the air. as he enters the zone both players tag up so the play is onside.

I believe the rule you are referencing only applies if the puck is IN the avs zone, which at the point of contact the puck wasn’t.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

not sure how you can argue that he didnt attempt to gain possession

Yea, his continued motion forward and after the puck as well as trying to reach it with his stick prior to all players tagging up prevented the dman from stepping forward.

It’s par for the course though, and if things like that mean fewer challenges, I’ll take it.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Is that if the puck is in the zone though? The puck comes out of the zone, Larsson whacks the puck in the air. as he enters the zone both players tag up so the play is onside.

I believe the rule you are referencing only applies if the puck is IN the avs zone, which at the point of contact the puck wasn’t.
83.3 is delayed offside, which im assuming is why the goal was allowed.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I posted this on the Avs board as well:

The problem with the offside play is that if the linesman sees the puck come out of the zone, 10 out of 10 linesmen will call it offside in real time. I guarantee you this linesman did not think, "hey everyone touched up in time." No, he thought it stayed on the blueline because he was out of position.

Larsson didn't lose possession of the puck, and he didn't chip it in. It's the same thing as if he carried the puck into the zone which makes the play offside.

If that's how they are going to interpret offsides, it'll be impossible for linesmen to do their jobs. No one will be able to see that play in live time and make the correct call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Semyon Says

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Either way, the issue with the play wasn't that the puck came out of the zone.

ska
its-gotta-be-ska

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Referee checks on player to see if high stick drew blood, sees blood........still only gives a 2 minute penalty for high sticking? Okay.

EDIT: Never mind they make it a double minor with 6 seconds left in the 2 minute PP :laugh:

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Bogo off for slashing, comeau off for embellishment. The Two were battling hard on a dump in. Initially thought the embellishment was a rough call but made sense after the replay.

Also, Kane quietly has 25 points in 28 games. Almost all at ES too

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Hall: 1g, 1a
Hischier: 0g, 2a
Bratt: 1g, 1a

Here's the weird part.

TOI
Hall - 12:58
Hischier - 13:28
Bratt - 14:15

I believe that is the least amount of ice time of any of the Devils lines tonight.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
got insomnia? watch the kings-wild game

put you right to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad