GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/21/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Is there a ****in speed limit I'm not aware of?

Dahlin is allowed to crash the net whether there is a rebound or not.

The result of falling on Holtby was because Eller chopped his feet then pushed him into Holtby.

***** about Eller if you dont like it.

Apparently. It's one thing to hustle to an actual loose puck and another thing entirely to be barreling towards a goalie who already has the puck covered.

Beyond that, as a defenseman there are rules in place to prevent Dahlin from doing things like that at all depending on when the whistle is blown. Intent to blow may factor in here too, but the point is Dahlin is on pretty shaky territory to be doing what he's doing at all.

If you truly think that you're allowed to skate in as fast as you want and then slam on the brakes and spray the goalie you're sorely mistaken. On clearly dead plays such as this one, that type of thing can actually get you an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Eller being at all involved is the reason Dahlin doesn't have to worry about that, but you've got your head firmly up your stinkhole if you think Dahlin did everything he could there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Apparently. It's one thing to hustle to an actual loose puck and another thing entirely to be barreling towards a goalie who already has the puck covered.

If you truly think that you're allowed to skate in as fast as you want and then slam on the brakes and spray the goalie you're sorely mistaken. On clearly dead plays such as this one, that type of thing can actually get you an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Eller being at all involved is the reason Dahlin doesn't have to worry about that, but you've got your head firmly up your stinkhole if you think Dahlin did everything he could there.

Jesus....

Fine... give him an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Bad boy Rasmus... don't spray snow

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
After Eller chops his feet and Dahlin goes airborn ....its clear as day.
LMAO.... Gotcha pal.

So that little bit of Eller's forearm and stick running into the ribs of Dahlin while Dahlin was in the air, forced him to land on Holtby's back? Right....

Well, if that's REALLY what you believe, then thank f***ing christ, because otherwise that rookie was going to land right on the back of Holtby's head.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
LMAO.... Gotcha pal.

So that little bit of Eller's forearm and stick running into the ribs of Dahlin while Dahlin was in the air, forced him to land on Holtby's back? Right....

Well, if that's REALLY what you believe, then thank ****ing christ, because otherwise that rookie was going to land right on the back of Holtby's head.

Baby steps. So you agree there was a shove...correct?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Jesus....

Fine... give him an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Bad boy Rasmus... don't spray snow

Do people always like it? No, but when you clearly have other choices you can absolutely see 2 minutes for that.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
The question for Sabres faithful is will they be able to hold off the Bs for Atlantic 3rd when the latter recovers from their injuries?

Oh, Dahlin was a reckless tool on that play and got what he deserved.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
2 games ago we had 7 points on a 4 game point streak one a regulation win against Boston I think we will manage.

Fantastic but you are still losing ground rapidly you are 3 points ahead of 7th 4 points ahead of 8th and Montreal has a game in hand, the NYI are in9th, they are 7 back but they have 2 games in hand.

another 3-4-3 stretch or 3-7 if you want to get technical and you are caught.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The question for Sabres faithful is will they be able to hold off the Bs for Atlantic 3rd when the latter recovers from their injuries?

Oh, Dahlin was a reckless tool on that play and got what he deserved.

So did Holtby.

Merry Christmas, Virgina

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
"Barreling towards a goalie."

This screenshot was taken at the same time the whistle went. Dahlin is already next to Holtby and he's coming to a stop (which he was doing without spraying Holtby). The only reason he goes airborne is because Eller chopped his feet before he came to a stop.

You guys really need to watch the video. Dahlin did nothing wrong. Hell, Eller did nothing wrong. He did what all players do when they see the opposition skating toward the net.

It was an unfortunate circumstance to a run-of-the-mill hockey play. Stop trying to spin it otherwise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181221-221505_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181221-221505_Chrome.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Beerz

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its hilarious the two demonizing Dahlin have Wilson profile pics...no use arguing with their judgement. They probably think Wilson is an angel.

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018
Which he deserved, as fast as he was going.

You guys seem to think that Dahlin is allowed to barrel at the goalie and give him a nice snow shower just because he's upset about losing. There is no loose puck, and no other real explanation for it.

Takes the first available contact and falls over like a sack of potatoes on the goaltender. Could have jumped over, could have gone in the net, but just loses his feet instead. No player with his pedigree should be that weak on his feet.

When a stick is put in front of your foot, you'd fall forward as well...

Unless you don't believe in physics, if that is the case then you have more issues then trying to argue a point you are losing..

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017

Unless you don't believe in physics, if that is the case then you have more issues then trying to argue a point you are losing..
Fall forward. Sure. Not kamikaze fly.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

In a situation like that, I should already be stopping. Eller's stick would have little to do with me because the weight in my upper body shouldn't be forward anymore. Dahlin falls in a way that indicates he's not that interested in stopping.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
In a situation like that, I should already be stopping. Eller's stick would have little to do with me because the weight in my upper body shouldn't be forward anymore. Dahlin falls in a way that indicates he's not that interested in stopping.

Hey Baghdad Bob ... did you not see the screenshot where it actually shows Dahlin stopping? ...lol

this is unreal... you guys are legit making me laugh

Reactions: gallagt01

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
"Barreling towards a goalie."

This screenshot was taken at the same time the whistle went. Dahlin is already next to Holtby and he's coming to a stop (which he was doing without spraying Holtby). The only reason he goes airborne is because Eller chopped his feet before he came to a stop.

You guys really need to watch the video. Dahlin did nothing wrong. Hell, Eller did nothing wrong. He did what all players do when they see the opposition skating toward the net.

It was an unfortunate circumstance to a run-of-the-mill hockey play. Stop trying to spin it otherwise.

The only people "spinning" this like anything are the ones trying to call Eller stupid for not letting Dahlin do whatever he wants.

And yes, he kind of did do something wrong. That's why the faceoff was called out of the zone.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Hey Baghdad Bob ... did you not see the screenshot where it actually shows Dahlin stopping? ...lol

this is unreal... you guys are legit making me laugh
If you think that half-assed snowplow is the best your 1st Overall pick can muster for "stopping", then I hope your expectations for him are similarly low.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The only people "spinning" this like anything are the ones trying to call Eller stupid for not letting Dahlin do whatever he wants.

And yes, he kind of did do something wrong. That's why the faceoff was called out of the zone.

The faceoff was outside the zone because Risto came from the blueline during the scrum.

Guess what? Wrong again

Reactions: gallagt01

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018

Play until the whistle. These days you don't know when the whistle is going to blow because the refs have been incompetent more than ever this year.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The faceoff was outside the zone because Risto came from the blueline during the scrum.

Guess what? Wrong again
Okay, so both defensemen were in below the circles. Even stupider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad