GDT: HFBoards GDT 12/18/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This felt like a playoff game, Kings beat the Blues and the teflon trio of Backes, Oshie and Petro a combined -6 with Petro and Backes each on the ice for 4 of the Kings 6 goals.

But I'm sure it will all be Marty's fault, like Elliot, Halak and Miller before him.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
How have the Kings shown to be the better team? Blues have 44 points. Beat them last night. Up 3-0 tonight because the KINGS were undiciplined. Then they get 6 powerplays, 4 of which were absolute garbage. I hope that whole thing was sarcasm.

And then THAT happens. How very LA.

You are always so biased. You can't have it both ways, bud.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Wait, the Blues have scored 4 PP goals in these two meetings and now you suddenly want to talk about PP's because the Kings get a few goals.

How very LA? The Kings are 8-2 vs. the Blues in the playoffs and have won 2 of the past 3 Stanley Cups, but yeah so full of luck. The Kings are the better team than the Blues until the Blues core group of players show any kind of spine and actually do something in a playoff series, no one cares how many points the Blues have in the regular season, and home ice doesn't matter because you lose every year with it to real teams like LA and Chicago.

I'm at a loss. What does powerplay goals have to do with anything? Were there egregious penalty calls on the Kings Tuesday? Why are you bringing up the playoffs right now?

The Blues kicked ass on Tuesday. Absolutely DOMINATED the game at the beginning of the year. And were great tonight until a powerplay for the Kings that went from 10 minutes into the second to 10 minutes into the third. But they can't hang with the big boys!

Congrats on the win. I think we can stop with the Kings are better than the Blues comments. They have not been.

And bringing up things from years past (one of them was in April of 2011!) only boosts my point.

Off this topic. Brodeur is no good. Highlight reel saves mean nothing when you can't stop the easy ones. Hope Elliott is back soon.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Dwight king goal was a fitting cap to a very silly game.

I knew quick liked the loose mask trick but I've never seen him attempt it twice in one game that was new. Do it while you can I suppose eventually you get a new rule named after you.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
This felt like a playoff game, Kings beat the Blues and the teflon trio of Backes, Oshie and Petro a combined -6 with Petro and Backes each on the ice for 4 of the Kings 6 goals.

But I'm sure it will all be Marty's fault, like Elliot, Halak and Miller before him.

AP was rough tonight. Thought Backes was fine.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Excuses excuses. Quick was too quick for you tonight.

I think Quick is the best goalie in the league but tonight was not a good night from him, at all. If Carter Kopitar and Gaborik don't have a huge night, this game is a blowout.

Captain Mittens*

Dwight king goal was a fitting cap to a very silly game.

I knew quick liked the loose mask trick but I've never seen him attempt it twice in one game that was new. Do it while you can I suppose eventually you get a new rule named after you.

I was hoping that a street might be named after him. But I'll take it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I think Quick is the best goalie in the league but tonight was not a good night from him, at all. If Carter Kopitar and Gaborik don't have a huge night, this game is a blowout.

Yeah, tonight was not Quick's best game. For as many times as he's bailed out the team, it's nice to see the roles reverse for a change.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
How have the Kings shown to be the better team? Blues have 44 points. Beat them last night. Up 3-0 tonight because the KINGS were undiciplined. Then they get 6 powerplays, 4 of which were absolute garbage. I hope that whole thing was sarcasm.

And then THAT happens. How very LA.

Let's judge the season after a third of the games played.
Kings play their best in April, May and June.
As the the Blues well know from the 2012 and 2013 playoffs.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I'm at a loss. What does powerplay goals have to do with anything? Were there egregious penalty calls on the Kings Tuesday? Why are you bringing up the playoffs right now?

The Blues kicked ass on Tuesday. Absolutely DOMINATED the game at the beginning of the year. And were great tonight until a powerplay for the Kings that went from 10 minutes into the second to 10 minutes into the third. But they can't hang with the big boys!

Congrats on the win. I think we can stop with the Kings are better than the Blues comments. They have not been.

And bringing up things from years past (one of them was in April of 2011!) only boosts my point.

Off this topic. Brodeur is no good. Highlight reel saves mean nothing when you can't stop the easy ones. Hope Elliott is back soon.

:huh:

Didactic*

You left out that the Blues outplayed the Kings in those two losses.

False. The Kings just don't try because they know they can win. They're resting up for the playoffs. You're not playing the Kings at their best.

Captain Mittens*

False. The Kings just don't try because they know they can win. They're resting up for the playoffs. You're not playing the Kings at their best.

You're missing a joke. I'm a Kings fan.

But I do have to say that your analysis is spot on

Didactic*

You're missing a joke. I'm a Kings fan.

But I do have to say that your analysis is spot on

Ah gotcha. The Kings are a legendary team. Perfect playoff team. Even when they get blown out, I wouldn't be embarrassed as a fan because it just means they don't really care about the regular season or positioning that much. All they have to do is get in. Why burn yourself out to try and get a top spot in the league when you can cruise at an average tempo, and are good enough to make the playoffs doing so, and turn up a few notches in the playoffs?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Matt Tennyson's 1st NHL goal was a historic and important one for San Jose. It was a dream of late Sharks owner George Gund III to see a true homegrown player score a goal for San Jose. Tennyson is a Pleasanton native and played on the Jr. Sharks. Pretty cool.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Shocked there hasn't been a thread on the Stoner hit (unless I've missed it?) Very much worthy of at least a misconduct in my opinion.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Remember when the Blues won the President's Trophy and the Kings barely squeaked into the playoffs? Because I don't blame you for blocking it out of your memory if so.

Blues have been the better regular season time by a mile for years. I think the Kings have earned the right to claim they're the better team for two incredibly obvious reasons. History means something here.

And I love the Blues, I've been pumping their tires maybe more than I should have for the last few years. They've certainly looked VERY good against us all year this year.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Remember when the Blues won the President's Trophy and the Kings barely squeaked into the playoffs? Because I don't blame you for blocking it out of your memory if so.

Blues have been the better regular season time by a mile for years. I think the Kings have earned the right to claim they're the better team for two incredibly obvious reasons. History means something here.

And I love the Blues, I've been pumping their tires maybe more than I should have for the last few years. They've certainly looked VERY good against us all year this year.

No, when was this?

Didactic*

No, when was this?

Give it up man. The Blues are not a good playoff team. End of story. You guys always find an excuse for not doing well when in reality it's just because you're bad. Really bad in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad