GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/18/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
If that counts I will be shocked. However if it does I'm fine with it if it means everyone can now do it. ;)
Matthews has been in an awful slump. You can see the frustration in his face. One way or another... won’t matter.

Edit: 7th goal in 9 games.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Matthews won a battle for position and the puck was already lose in the crease before contact. That has to be a goal in my opinion. Won't be shocked either way.

theK00LAIDman

Dec 18, 2018
Why did they sing the Canadian national anthem in the game between Buffalo and Florida?
Thanks!

Buffalo is located quite literally on the border with Ontario. The Peace Bridge crosses the Niagara River to connect downtown Buffalo with Ft. Erie, Ontario. For as long as there have been Sabres games both the Canadian and US national anthems are played at each and every game regardless of who the Sabres are playing as a sign of respect to the fans and season ticket holders who come to the game from Southern Ontario, of which there are a very good number.

We also have an ungodly number of Tim Hortons and old grain elevators wrapped up to look like Labatt's Blue cans. Living in a border town is cool.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Buffalo is located quite literally on the border with Ontario. The Peace Bridge crosses the Niagara River to connect downtown Buffalo with Ft. Erie, Ontario. For as long as there have been Sabres games both the Canadian and US national anthems are played at each and every game regardless of who the Sabres are playing as a sign of respect to the fans and season ticket holders who come to the game from Southern Ontario, of which there are a very good number.
Makes complete sense.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad