GDT: HFBoards GDT: 12/12/2023 | 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Going back to the Blues-Red Wings game for a moment: there are times you look back at a team's loss and say, "that was the beginning of the end for the head coach." I have a feeling tonight might be that for Craig Berube.

Now, I don't think what's going on is Berube's fault at all. The Blues are not a good team, it was going to take overachieving to make the playoffs in the first place, it's hard to imagine another coach coming in and lighting a fire under the asses of players who can't make basic plays and too often are oblivious to what's going on around them such that they start playing better to the point they're contending for a playoff spot again. But a loss at home in which the team blows 3 1-goal leads, coming on the heels of ugly losses to bottom feeders Columbus and Chicago, against a Detroit team that had played the night prior, who was missing Perron and Larkin tonight, ... it makes me think of lots of other times where you knew the end was coming and it was just a question of when - and I don't think a win over Ottawa on Thursday changes what's coming.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Connor Murphy throwing his body around to make sure Connor McDavid doesn’t get more goals than Connor Bedard.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid > Bedard

Nice feed by McDavid to Hyman

Oilers 4-1

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
THe Oilers roster is a real cross section of North American society and in many ways represents the healing of various historical conflicts and divisions.. you have Black/White, German/Jewish, Christian/Muslim. All playing together,

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
watching the Calgary Flames 'powerplay' is going to give me an ulcer

giphy.gif

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Whelp, I don't see anything generational about Bedard. Very good but not generational.

Not even a discount generational player like Crosby. Patty Kane tier. Better than Matthews.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm glad Santagovich is playing well. Just a wonderful kid and doubt you'd find one fan with a bad word to say about him.

Yeah he's settling in nicely. Toff seems to fit in wherever he goes well so I'm sure the Devils are happy with him too, but so many thought Conroy got bent on that trade when he got the younger, cheaper, faster player and a pick for a guy that only wanted to stay if we gave him a retirement deal.

And boy we got enough of those already lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad